Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTT ban from PI

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Thaedydal wrote: »
    So we should be awake 24hrs a day to be consistant...
    ???
    Do your part to make such consistancy happen report the posts.
    You're not getting me. If the penalty for making a joke is a warning, and a ban for a repeat offence, then please consistantly make this the case. If the penalty for making a joke is an instant ban, then make this consistantly the case. If the penalty for joking on a ridiculous or misplaced threads is an instant ban, then make this consistantly the case. It's not like "Go travelling" is an original joke, I've seen it said many times on out of place threads, which mods seem to usually lock or move without banning anyone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

So we should be awake 24hrs a day to be consistant...

Yes
    wrote:
    Faceman I am the only mod who uses the nice day warning it is a piece of java script
    the other mods don't have to use it, I choose to.

Its unfair on those of us who behave. We dont get told to have a nice day at all. :(

In all seriousness though. Was it really necessary to ban a guy with a clean record on the site? He doesnt have a rep for causing trouble so would a PM or a warning not have given the same message?

That last thing we want is esel taking to the streets with the others...
    ProtestBan.jpg

Note someone banned from Politics at the back holding the small sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    ???

You're not getting me. If the penalty for making a joke is a warning, and a ban for a repeat offence, then please consistantly make this the case. If the penalty for making a joke is an instant ban, then make this consistantly the case. If the penalty for joking on a ridiculous or misplaced threads is an instant ban, then make this consistantly the case. It's not like "Go travelling" is an original joke, I've seen it said many times on out of place threads, which mods seem to usually lock or move without banning anyone.

Just to be completely clear we don't have to give warnings what so ever.
    If you break the rules for posting as laid down in the charter we can ban you right of the bat
    and how you post elsewhere does not matter, break the rules in pi get banned from pi .

Posters are to read the charter before posting if they do not then that is thier tough luck if they get banned.

Often I will warn on a thread when it starts to go astray and it is for everyone to cop on. If they dont' then they get banned.

Just to be completely clear we don't have to give warnings what so ever.
    If you break the rules for posting as laid down in the charter we can ban you right of the bat
    and how you post elsewhere does not matter, break the rules in pi get banned from pi .

Posters are to read the charter before posting if they do not then that is thier tough luck if they get banned.

Often I will warn on a thread when it starts to go astray and it is for everyone to cop on. If they dont' then they get banned.
    You don't seem to understand what I'm trying to say. It doesn't matter, I'm due to be unbanned now anyway and I shall abstain from ever making the slightest humourous remark on PI ever again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

The mods of PI understandably have to be humourless ban-stick merchants

Bah Humbug!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You don't seem to understand what I'm trying to say. It doesn't matter, I'm due to be unbanned now anyway and I shall abstain from ever making the slightest humourous remark on PI ever again.

PF_1494489~I-Understand-I-Just-Don-t-Care-Posters.jpg

Perfect attitude for a PI mod ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

no_fun.jpg
    PF_1494489~I-Understand-I-Just-Don-t-Care-Posters.jpg

AwJeezNotThisSheetAgain1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Be careful your ban isn't extended so that you get the message.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Time for cat slapping
    cat-slap.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement