Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Lost My Dog!!!!!!!

Options
  • 29-12-2007 4:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5

hi i dont know if im on to the correct thread here but i would like to ask anyone that lives near northside shopping centre if they have seen a small yorkshire terrier brown and black with grey streaks,its a female,loveable dog,she went missing christmas day 25th dec,and my two little boys are heart broken,she goes by the name of twinkle,anyone with any sightings of her could you please please contact me at my email address:mccannedel@yahoo.ie thankyou very much to all.:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

anastacia wrote: »
    hi i dont know if im on to the correct thread here but i would like to ask anyone that lives near northside shopping centre if they have seen a small yorkshire terrier brown and black with grey streaks,its a female,loveable dog,she went missing christmas day 25th dec,and my two little boys are heart broken,she goes by the name of twinkle,anyone with any sightings of her could you please please contact me at my email address:mccannedel@yahoo.ie thankyou very much to all.:(

Ok, contact www.dogsindistress.org register there and view their forum's. Post about this there too.

Also checkout www.petsireland.invisionzone.com/

If the dog warden took her up she'll be in Ashtown pound, the guys on Dogsindistress.org look after rehoming dogs from there and will normally advertise strays etc on their site.

I live very near to N.S.C. so I'll look out for her of course, but whats her name?.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

anastacia wrote: »
    she goes by the name of twinkle,(
    Mairt wrote: »
    but whats her name?.

I will keep an eye out too, but get onto the pound ASAP. Chances are someone local has her so stick up some posters too.

TheGooner wrote: »
    Mairt : see above

I will an eye out too, but get onto the pound ASAP. Chances are someone local has her so stick up some posters too.

Sorry I didn't see that. When I seen the post I started jumping between DiD.org and Petsireland to see if someone had posted anything.

Posters are a great idea too OP. If you can't make one up post her photo here and I'll make one up for you, I'll thrown some up around NSC too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Paste in a photo of her here if you have one too, always helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

Ring Dogs Aid also - near Dublin Airport incase someone has reported her found

01 834 7134

I fyou post a piccie I can cross post on Pets Ireland and the Dogs Aid website for you
    Good luck and ring Ashton Pound every day 838 3236 and register with Pets Ireland as there are photos of most of the dogs who turn up in Ashton on there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

That's my area.. I'll keep an eye out and get mention of it on the local radio station for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

MonkeyFudge sent me over here as I found a stray dog on Stephen's Day, I'm afraid he's very unlikely to be yours.

I hope you find your dog. I lost one a few years ago and i know the pain you go through always thinking she'll be on your doorstep when you open your door again :( Keep everyone in the area as aware as you can and hopefully she'll be brought back to you safe and sound.

Edit2: Sorry I deleted the link as it contains my phone number. I'm 100% sure it's not your dog anyway :( sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Re-posting what I posted the last time someone posted an "I lost my dog" message - mods, would it be possible to start a How to Find Your Lost Pet sticky, including links and phone numbers for shelters and Garda stations?

Unless you go looking for her, she's unlikely to come back.

If she's stolen - and it's not always pedigree dogs that are stolen - you can wave her goodbye. But she may have just got out when someone left the gate open, and got lost.

Was she wearing a collar with a tag with her name and your phone number? Is she microchipped?

Here's a few things you can do:

Visit (don't phone) the pounds and shelters. (I think there's a list in a sticky at the top of the Animals & Pet Issues lists.) Leave a poster in each one, with her picture and your phone number. Keep visiting every four days. (In theory, the surplus animals are destroyed every five days, though often they aren't even kept that long.)

Put up *big* fluorescent-backed posters, which should have "LOST DOG" in *huge* letters, and a good big photo of her, and the information of where she was - "Missing from Wilfrid Street since Monday November 26" - and "Please phone xxx (your mobile number) if you find her" and "Beloved family pet".

Put them up at crossroads - passers-by will see them there, and if a driver picked up a lost dog, that driver may see the poster and recognise her.

Give them to teachers in your local schools and ask for them to be put on a noticeboard, because kids are more observant than adults. Give them to your local garda stations.

Check in parks (ask the park wardens), any empty fields and cemeteries near you - these are places where lost animals hide.

Or you could hire the Pet Detective (http://www.happytailsdetective.com/) - though he doesn't deal with *stolen* animals.

Oh yeah, forgot about vets, too - put up posters in your local vets (not just the one you go to).

Is she spayed? If not, she may have gone on heat and been pursued by a throng of hopeful suitors - in which case you can ask local dog owners, gardai, taxi drivers and so on if they've seen dogs flocking, and you may find her nearby.

Don't give up hope. A lot of dogs are picked up by people who keep them or bring them to pounds or shelters - and people who pick up a scared-seeming, disoriented dog often don't go looking too hard for the owner because they assume the animal's been abused. If they see a poster, they may change their mind and contact you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭lurchin along

There's an RTA yorkie bitch on petsireland today in urgent need of foster.I think its in Dublin somewhere-could it be?Think I saw it in the Homes Needed section or Urgent Matters - not sure which.

They're both in Co.Meath.

But both needing a home :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement