Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So....

Options
  • 29-12-2007 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

We're not back til the 21st? Is that right?

Hope y'all had a great christmas!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

yup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Terms starts for all on the 21st unless you're one of those with placements but you'd know if you had them.

Term for me starts on the 7th of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Jimmy's back on the 3rd!

Jim! you poor thing! you've got my sympathy vote, I thought the 7th was bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

It's not too bad, I got my 5 weeks holidays, can't complain too much!

• Advertisement

In that case i'm taking back my sympathy vote, I only got 16 days off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

Thank god i'm not back for placement before 21st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭redcar

Ok I am sorry but what exactly is this placement stuff? I gather its a placement in some field of some work or something... sorry I am stupid!

People doing health sci or vet courses have to do placements in hospitals etc to build up sufficient hours to qualify.

i.e. to be a radiographer one must complete something like 1500 hours of clinical placement over your four years to be allowed to practice. Most of this can't be fitted into the actual term time as lectures must be done so we do it in block placements.

Whilst some occur during term time, to get the sufficient number of hours placement has to happen over the christmas, easter and summer breaks in order to allow for sufficient hours to be built up.

So we come back early after Christmas, finish late in summer and somtimes come back early in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

Term for me starts on the 7th of January.

I feel your pain.Although mines only second year and im looking as it as a little holiday down the country....probably a reeeally bad idea :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Do all the buildings open again on the 7th or are some earlier?

From what I know most buildings are opening again on the 7th but I'd say arts will be open because there's always courses and things on over Christmas and stuff.

First Response said the 7th of January. To quote famous supervillan

<german accent> but all my schtuff is dar</german accent>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Jimmy's back on the 3rd!

me too.NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!I really dont want to go back up to Dubland!I wish I could do a long distance course from Limerick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Ballerina wrote: »
    I feel your pain.Although mines only second year and im looking as it as a little holiday down the country....probably a reeeally bad idea :p

Ah the second year one is great craic. It's still observational, the hardest thing you'll have to do is supervise exercises that the physio has already given! (Unless you get one of those seniors who asks lots of questions, but you'll be grand I promise!)

I'd placement from the 13th August til the 14th December + am now back on regular college time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭redcar

People doing health sci or vet courses have to do placements in hospitals etc to build up sufficient hours to qualify.

i.e. to be a radiographer one must complete something like 1500 hours of clinical placement over your four years to be allowed to practice. Most of this can't be fitted into the actual term time as lectures must be done so we do it in block placements.

Whilst some occur during term time, to get the sufficient number of hours placement has to happen over the christmas, easter and summer breaks in order to allow for sufficient hours to be built up.

So we come back early after Christmas, finish late in summer and somtimes come back early in September.
    Ah kewl! Thanks!:) x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Grimes wrote: »
    Do all the buildings open again on the 7th or are some earlier?

You might get in on the 4th (but you didn't here it from me).

details? PM or Text me if you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Bah, it's times like this (sitting at my desk in work, I've been back since the 28th of December) that I wish I was back in college.

Advertisement