Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips?

Options
  • 29-12-2007 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

I recently converted from fifa to pro ev and so far I think I made the wrong choice! After days of playing I've scored a grand total of 4 goals :D Just wondering is there some secret to keeping the bloody ball down when taking a shot? I only tap square and the ball lands nicely in the top of the crowd. This is also the same when I head the ball but that might be because I hammer square (in fifa this works!). Any tips on how to beet someone like latvia when you're Brazil would be greatly appreciated:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Real Slim Shady

Practice. That's what worked for me all those years ago when i started playing PES, it takes time but you will get used to it. It takes time too to get the shooting right but when you do it's a great it will be worth the effort you put in. What one are you playing and on what format ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

You switched sides at the wrong time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 P-mac

yeah, so I hear!

I'm playing 08 on PS2, probably not the best combination!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

P-mac wrote: »
    yeah, so I hear!

fancy a game?:p

Ha! Talk about preying on the weak! I don't have the network adapter yet but when I do I'll take you on. Can you pick an adapter up in Game or somewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

go wide, cross it in and if you be a team with a big cf such as chelsea youll get loads of headed goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Try and pick out through balls! You could always just use Barcelona and play on top player!?!?! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Doffaldinho

If you want to keep the ball down then hold RT/R2 on your respective console and press the shoot button, As the Guage appears aim Down and if done right with just enough power you should just slot the ball in on the ground provided the Keeper don't get to it.

Great, thanks for the advice, I'm now on a 3 game winning streak. The future is bright!

Deadly, what level are ya playing on?

• Advertisement

I'm sticking to regular for the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Quick Movement, Snap Shots and Unexpected movements, play this game like you would a real game of football

think outside the box, watch the radar and monitor the runs, when you see a good run play the ball.

Keep the ball as long as possible and if you loose it dont chase switch to a player facing the ball to conserve stamina and energy.

Thru balls are the king.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

P-mac wrote: »
    yeah, so I hear!

I actually think this is the best version of Pro Evo. Granted i haven't tried it on the Xbox but i think the PS2 beats the PS3 version regarding gameplay hands down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 BobbyDavro

Here's a tip:

Don't play me, seriously, i'm unreal at it

I'm on an unbeaten run online of 10 at the moment using teams like man city, newcastle, atletico madrid etc. while EVERY c*nt I play against is either A : Man U or B: Barcelona

Yawn :cool:

I will blatantly ignore that tip :)

BobbyDavro wrote: »
    Here's a tip:

Don't play me, seriously, i'm unreal at it

I'm on an unbeaten run online of 10 at the moment using teams like man city, newcastle, atletico madrid etc. while EVERY c*nt I play against is either A : Man U or B: Barcelona

Yawn :cool:

someone please beat him:o

would be my pleasure

i'll even use newcastle

Advertisement