Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netgear MIMO Modem Router for €79.99

Options
  • 29-12-2007 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi all.
    Just got back from PCWorld with a Netgear DG834PN ADSL MIMO wireless modem router WITH USB adapter for €79.99. Their instore sales-offer poster and sale pamphlet ("go wireless for less") has the wrong product photo on it. They all show the DG834PN which retails for €120 (in their sale).
    As they have displayed the picture with a price below, they have to sell it for that advertised price ... empty the shelves before they do (the 'oh dear, we're out of stock' syndrome) - just check the advert and the price beforehand so's not to embarrass yourself.
    This mistake is also on the instore posters of a Zytel (?) modem/modem-router.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I think the Netopia for €24.99 for the same features ( bar MIMO) is a better deal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Mr NoTV

Can't argue with that Sponge Bob, excellent price. Shame that I need wireless to get through an old house built like a nuclear bunker to get to the outbuildings.
    Shall look for that one though, as an in-house spare - thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Mr NoTV wrote: »
    Can't argue with that Sponge Bob, excellent price. Shame that I need wireless to get through an old house built like a nuclear bunker to get to the outbuildings.
    Shall look for that one though, as an in-house spare - thanks.

Booster antenna will help you greatly - the gain on nearly all the supplied ones is poorish.

ebay starting at 10 euro..

http://stores.ebay.ie/The-WiFi-Antenna-Shop

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Mr NoTV

Whow! Thanks for the link ... loadsa gear. Could have my place looking like a Police Station in an afternoon ;-)

Advertisement