Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

burning wheelie bins.

Options
  • 29-12-2007 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭

Whats with burning wheelie bins.

Lately over the last few months the wheelie bins in my cul de sac have been taken and brought onto the green infront of the cul de sac and burnt. Theres the same kids doing it and the gards know who they are. We had a gard up to talk to us about it and he said that one night they brought 11 of them down to the station and when they rang one of the parents the parent said that they were in the pub and would be down after closing. They cant arrest them coz they re miners.

I moved out of town to get away from this and its follwed me to Carpenterstown.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

Jesus .. if that was my lad doing it .. He would not be allowed out for quite some time. I would no more tell the guards to wait while I finished my drink!!

Its no wonder these lads have no respect for the guards .. monkey see monkey do.

Some idiots stole our wheelie bin last year .. it took us some time to get a new one let me tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Sounds like the parents should have been put in the wheelie bins.

Frankly I think the laws regarding minors are way too soft. Relying on parents to discipline the scrotes just doesn't work these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It happened to us once and now I would rather get up early and leave the bin out and take in the same day, 120 euro for a 'replacement'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

it's crap like this that would easily make me a sympathiser to vigilante type actions on little bags of crap like this

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Thaedydal wrote: »
    120 euro for a 'replacement'.

That's the really annoying thing. It's not your fault that the bin has gone missing, been destroyed, etc., and yet you've got to stump up the money for a new one. It's not like you can live without one either, so you've no choice but to replace it.

When I moved to the area I was told never to put my bin out the night before as the tag would probably be robbed, but that would be a minor inconvenience by comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

ryoishin wrote: »
    Whats with burning wheelie bins.

Lately over the last few months the wheelie bins in my cul de sac have been taken and brought onto the green infront of the cul de sac and burnt. Theres the same kids doing it and the gards know who they are. We had a gard up to talk to us about it and he said that one night they brought 11 of them down to the station and when they rang one of the parents the parent said that they were in the pub and would be down after closing. They cant arrest them coz they re miners.

I moved out of town to get away from this and its follwed me to Carpenterstown.

Minors? The cop was full of sh1t. IIRC the age of criminal responsibility in Ireland is 7. He just couldnt be arsed chasing it up. It sounds like a pile of sh1te, really. By saying they got 11 and had to call parents it sounds like they were picked up on the street, rather than pre planned house visits. But unless they had two vanloads of cops waiting to swoop how in the fcuk did they manage to catch 11 kids in one swoop? The Gardai are filling you with sh1te so you will think its the governments fault they cant do anything, when in fact the investigating cop cant be arsed.

Surprised at it being Carpenterstown with such skangery parents he told you of mind. Are the kids from that halt near there?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Tha Gopher wrote: »

Surprised at it being Carpenterstown with such skangery parents he told you of mind. Are the kids from that halt near there?

There are bad parents everywhere, even in Carpenterstown, just as there are little ASBOs hanging around there too. A tad unfar to suggest it was kids from a halting site (I assume thats what you mean by 'that halt')

The fact that parent were in the pub while their little darlings are hanging out on the green says it all really IMO. Parents who care a bit have to make sacrifices and not going to the pub all the time like your still single and in your twenties is one of those sacrifices, but at least you'll have more idea where your kids are and what they're up to.

If you are the parent of a minor, you simply cant leave the house ubtil they are at home and cared for by another adult. Its parenting 101, basic stuff really. look what happened to the McCanns when they failed to make the sacrifice and mind their kids/get them minded by someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Could be bored kids who's well todo parents are too busy to keep an eye on them or to busy working thier way through thier wine collection and thier 'darlings' are seeing what scumbag aping behaviour they can get away with.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

Nope the kids are from the same estate that they re stealing the bins from. They have bonfires a fair bit on the green usually just a small ones but the wheelies are getting it lately. The neighbours went out to them the other night and the kids just laughed and the gards came and just ran them.

deswalsh wrote: »
    There are bad parents everywhere, even in Carpenterstown, just as there are little ASBOs hanging around there too. A tad unfar to suggest it was kids from a halting site (I assume thats what you mean by 'that halt')

....... look what happened to the McCanns when they failed to make the sacrifice and mind their kids/get them minded by someone else.

I actually should have clarified my point. Id reckon a larger proportion of upper class parents let their kids get away with generally acting the prick. Any time I am in the bank and post office and kids are running amok, the mother is often a well dressed well spoken seemingly wealthy type who doesnt care how much messing they are doing However, Ive always found that actual anti social behaviour is more often by the kids of skangers. Mainly because the aforementioned uppity woman doesnt care what her kids do down the local post office but would have a heart attack at the mere thought of the neighbours peering through the curtains and seeing a Garda car parked outside the house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

ryoishin wrote: »
    one of the parents the parent said that they were in the pub and would be down after closing.

Guards when they would release the little scroats into the care of their parents should bag them on the way home.

A perfect result

Murt10 wrote: »
    Guards when they would release the little scroats into the care of their parents should bag them on the way home.

A perfect result

Indeed. As said, the guard is lying. Im not sure what age you can leave your children on their own, but Id reckon it isnt 11 (in fairness I was left alone in the house for maybe 2 hrs max on the likes of new years eve by the oul pair years back at aroundabouts that age, but really thats a different story to what is mentioned here, most 11 year olds know how to get themselves out of trouble and I wasnt minding any kids at the time)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

A while back my neighbours wheelie bin was stolen from outside her house by a gang of kids from the neighbouring estate. The bin was full of rubbish as it was due to be collected. Anyway they kids emptied the rubbish into a field. Some of the rubbish had the neighbours name and address on it. The council got in touch with her and told her if she didnt clean up the rubbish she would be prosecuted. She explained that an other neighbour had seen kids with the bin.

Fingal council didnt want to know. It was her rubbish and she had to clean it up. She had to go into the field and pick up the rubbish while all the kids who robbed the bin watched from the side of the field laughing.. B**tards..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

gazzer wrote: »
    A while back my neighbours wheelie bin was stolen from outside her house by a gang of kids from the neighbouring estate. The bin was full of rubbish as it was due to be collected. Anyway they kids emptied the rubbish into a field. Some of the rubbish had the neighbours name and address on it. The council got in touch with her and told her if she didnt clean up the rubbish she would be prosecuted. She explained that an other neighbour had seen kids with the bin.

Fingal council didnt want to know. It was her rubbish and she had to clean it up. She had to go into the field and pick up the rubbish while all the kids who robbed the bin watched from the side of the field laughing.. B**tards..

How mad is that !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I'd wait up for them to TRY and rob my bin then put them in it. Thankfully I haven't had this problem or seen it happen yet.

Advertisement