Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Friedrichshafen Ski

• 29-12-2007 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi Everyone,

There is a group of 6 of us flying into Friedrichshafen on the 29th of Jan for one week. We were trying to organise something in Livingno but are having a lot of difficulty finding some accommodation as we are going from Tuesday to Tuesday. If anyone has any help or knows any other resorts with a bit of life where we could go reasonable cheap from Friedrichshafen.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Bob_TG

Go to:
    http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/resorts/gssg/default.asp

and select Friedrichshafen from the drop-down arrow: "Show the resorts close to:"

... this gives you all the resorts reasonably nearby.

At this same web site you can also choose "apres-ski" from another drop-down, so that you can see all resports which they recommend for night life.

By the way, this "Tuesday to Tuesday" thing is a problem I came across before in Austria too. If you are looking for an apartment/pension, it seems that nearly everywhere books "Saturday to Saturday". One of our group who stayed on past the Saturday had to stay in a hostel (which was very good by all accounts).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

PM about all that I know sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭justdoit

Flying in to Friedrichshafen, I would recommend going to St Anton, Austria. Trains run direct from the airport, and drop right in to centre of town. Alternative option if you have a big group is to get a bus- this works out even cheaper. The St Anton website has details on trains etc, and there are tons of apartments for rent, usually costing about €35-€45 per person per night.

If you want lively, you won't be disappointed. Great bars on the hill, and late night partying in the town.

Great mountain too, and given the early season snowfall (best since '01), you won't be disappointed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I'm presuming the PM Don1 sent was about our trip to Oberstdorf... Highly recommend it and we're even going back next month

Advertisement