Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with XBox surround sound

• 29-12-2007 7:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

I recently bought a Sony DAV DZZ230 surround system.
    http://www.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProduct.action?product=DAV-DZ230&site=odw_en_GB&pageType,

It only has one scart connection and one HDMI out connection.

I have my XBOX Elite connected up to my tv via a HDMI lead. The tv is then connected to my NTL box and the Sony DVD player/amplifier via two scart leads. I can hear sound from all the speakers but my question is, is this proper surround sound?

My DVD player/amplifier has no optical connection to hook the XBOX up directly to it - and from what I am hearing this is what is needed for surround sound.

Please help as I am considering returning the sound system tomorrow and paying for a more expensive model with an optical and/or a second HDMI connection if that's what's need to get the best benefit from the XBox and TV.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Yep, for 5.1 sound you need an optical input on your surround sound system. No other way around it Im afraid.

Advertisement