Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phone Upgrade On Vodafone

• 29-12-2007 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Does anybody know how long it takes to be eligable for a bill-pay phone upgrade on Vodafone? Ive had my phone almost a year now and its starting to act up but the Vodafone website tells me "your not eligable yet, but your on the right path, blah blah blah"
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

its usually 12 months for an upgrade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Usually 1 year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

jimbo78 wrote: »
    Hello,

Does anybody know how long it takes to be eligable for a bill-pay phone upgrade on Vodafone? Ive had my phone almost a year now and its starting to act up but the Vodafone website tells me "your not eligable yet, but your on the right path, blah blah blah"
    Cheers
    Also call them and see how far off you are. They might be able to give you some indication.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Yea, I think I better call them alright. I dont want to be forking out for a sim-free phone if I'm close to an upgrade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Depends on wheather you signed up on a 12 or 18 month contract. Also AFAIK your not guaranteed an upgrade on a 12 month contract unless you spend a certain amount ( don't know if this was always the case but that's the policy at the moment )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Alfie1 wrote: »
    Depends on wheather you signed up on a 12 or 18 month contract. Also AFAIK your not guaranteed an upgrade on a 12 month contract unless you spend a certain amount ( don't know if this was always the case but that's the policy at the moment )

If your not offered an upgrade then leave. Unless of course you have alot of friends/family on vodafone and are on one of the higher tarrifs then I wouldn't bother with them, the other networks offer somewhat better value in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Ring up and threaten to leave. Unless you spend very little, they will probably offer you an upgrade to stay.

Just an update:
    Didn't get a chance to ring them but I fired off an email
    This is the response I got:
    Dear ,
    Thank you for your recent enquiry about Upgrading your phone. I regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you an upgrade atthis time. We can however offer you one of the following handsets:-
    Nokia 6070 for €49-
    Nokia 6234 for €129-
    Vodafone V715 for €69
    Should you choose to accept any of these offers it will not effectyour future upgrade eligibility. If you are interested please let us know and we will post the relevant forms to you. We continuously review our upgrade offers so please contact us againat a later date to see whether you qualify for the Upgrade Programme.
    If you have any further queries please call us anytime on FreeFone1907 and we will be happy to assist you.
    Yours sincerely
    Vodafone Customer Care Team

They seem like pretty crappy phones.
    Also the Carphone Warehouse is selling the 6234 pre-pay for €119. Should I just move to another network or is it worth the hassle?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

jimbo78 wrote: »
    Just an update:
    Didn't get a chance to ring them but I fired off an email
    This is the response I got:

They seem like pretty crappy phones.
    Also the Carphone Warehouse is selling the 6234 pre-pay for €119. Should I just move to another network or is it worth the hassle?

Depends. Are you still within contract?

When did you get the contract, or when was your last upgrade?

I am assuming you have a low spend, or your last upgrade was fairly recent?

I would be veering towards changing network, which your new network will make smooth as possible, but the answers to the above are important.

Ive been a bill -pay customer with Vodafone for about 3 years.
    I got my present phone 9-10 months ago I think.
    My bill is usually between €50 and €80 so I wouldn't say Ive a low spend

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

You are correct, with that spend most companies will give an upgrade at about 12 months.

Usually when you upgrade, you get a 12 month contract extension. This means that if you port to another network, they will make you pay the remainder of the line rental for the period, thus negating the cheap phone you will get from the new network.

My advice would be to get a load of an old phone from a friend, and when you are out of contract (which will prob be two months) tell Voda you will walk if they don't give you a decent upgrade. And if they refuse, do it! You have much more bargaining power to a phone company when you are out of contract.

Sounds good.
    I think Ill stand firm alright for the meantime, just gotta find myself an old phone.
    Appreciate the advice SDooM
    Cheers

Advertisement