Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 335i price

Options
  • 29-12-2007 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭

Ok,

France: 46500 (From)
    IE: 66500 (From)

20.000 euro just for the collector general. For god sake.

I have also noticed the French one has 306BHP compared to 302BHP in Ireland, type or?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I'm genuinly amazed this type of thread has never been done before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Stekelly wrote: »

Yeah it is crazy isn't?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

Buy it before July...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Oilrig wrote: »
    Buy it before July...

Yeah or be smarter and stop paying for the Nigerian kids Child Benefits and drive a 335i legally in Ireland without paying the VRT or even the road tax :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Anyone know where the sarcasm detector is?

and what does your post above mean? I genuinly dont get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Stekelly wrote: »

:D

We is being robbed and all. In the USA a 335i is only €10k!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

unkel wrote: »

True. It's not till you see the price of cars in the US that you come to fully accept that they're nothing special and just another commodity. I was truly gobsmacked when I was working there at how cheap car are. In reality a 335 is no more special for 66.5k than it is for 10k. (tho did MarkN not pay a lot more than 66.5k?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

mick.fr wrote: »
    Yeah or be smarter and stop paying for the Nigerian kids Child Benefits and drive a 335i legally in Ireland without paying the VRT or even the road tax :-)

WTF does that mean :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

DonJose wrote: »

It sounds like the OP is suggesting to buy the car in France, register it in France, then drive it over here on French plates thus avoiding the VRT he's legally obliged to pay here - assuming he's working and living here....

It's very commonplace and very unfair to us regular Joe Soaps. The Garda & Revenue should totally lock this down, confiscate and so on... extremely difficult to manage however.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

unkel wrote: »

In fairness while cars are indeed a lot cheaper in the US, you wont get a 335i new for 10K euro, a quick look on ebay has them at about $40k ish for 2007 models which is under 30K euro all right.

• Advertisement

DonJose wrote: »
    He is making the point that, among other things, the VRT you pay is used to pay Children's Allowance to Nigerian immigrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

JHMEG wrote: »
    True. It's not till you see the price of cars in the US that you come to fully accept that they're nothing special and just another commodity. I was truly gobsmacked when I was working there at how cheap car are. In reality a 335 is no more special for 66.5k than it is for 10k. (tho did MarkN not pay a lot more than 66.5k?)

Mine was a bit more than that alright but it has pretty much every option bar heated seats and electric folding mirrors.

MarkN wrote: »
    Mine was a bit more than that alright but it has pretty much every option bar heated seats and electric folding mirrors.
    What, no heated seats or electric folding mirrors?! You were robbed!:D;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

It sounds like the OP is suggesting to buy the car in France, register it in France, then drive it over here on French plates thus avoiding the VRT he's legally obliged to pay here - assuming he's working and living here....

It's very commonplace and very unfair to us regular Joe Soaps. The Garda & Revenue should totally lock this down, confiscate and so on... extremely difficult to manage however.

How is this different from buying a car in England and driving it here on Uk plates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Isn't it the same thing really?

As for the 335i, it's the International engine of the Year 2007 and won 2 other awards in the same competition(namely best new engine of the year and best 2.5-3.0 litre engine, and BMW won the top 3 awards in the said category, 1st for the 335i's engine, 2nd for the 335/535d's engine and third was for the 3.0 that was in the 330i and 530i at the time and is still in the X3, 130i and Z4). This IMHO alone is reason enough for the 335i to exist. And yes I do think that we are being ripped off, but as long as Irish motorists are prepared to accept VRT(and yes they are with the astounding amount of new cars registered every year) then I'm sorry to say that it is here to stay. No self respecting Government is going to get rid of a tax that brings in €1.3 billion a year to the Government's coffers, and even if they do get rid of, we're going to have to pay other taxes instead of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

daRobot wrote: »
    How is this different from buying a car in England and driving it here on Uk plates?

Absolutely no difference, VRT on motor vehicles is the way of life if your living and working here - whatever the exact criteria are.

Scammers beware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

mick.fr .. how about you get the boat back to france and pay for Algerian, Morrocan etc etc child benefit instead :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

Might just add that this week I have driven from Clare to Dublin, couple of trips on M50, out to Rathoath twice, bit of town driving and I reckon I'll get 530kms out of a tank.. Not bad for a twin turbo, straight six engine, auto box and 306 brake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭tech

If he is going to drive it on a French plate he will have to sit on the left hand side of the car to hold the steering wheel :)

Advertisement