Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cannot lock the pitch on Virtual DJ.

• 29-12-2007 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I recently downloaded a free trial of Virtual DJ version 5.0, every time i que up a track the pitch changes even when after its locked. Has anyone else had same hassle? I dont want to pay for the thing if its going to continue like this, also where is the cheapest place to download it, an earlier version would be fine. what other software is out there, Ive lived with PCDJ red for almost 6 years before this.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Yep you can. There is a tiny little icon of a padlock on either deck, it says "SMART" about it on teh standard skin.

Let me know if that works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭tommylizard

you can download the latest version for free, just takes a bit of searching on the net. not sure what the policy is about posting links here to other forums?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

This forum is not as visible as others on here but yes, some will have a problem with what your wrote there tommy.

OP pm me with any questions I'm happy to help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭tommylizard

had a feeling that might be the case, will steer clear in future, cheers.

what other software is out there, Ive lived with PCDJ red for almost 6 years before this.
    Cheers.

Traktor 3 is probably the most popular - personally I perfer VDJ
    Deckadance is very good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Cheers,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

VDJ has great potential but is still somewhat amateurish.

I would recommend either Traktor, Torq or Ableton Live.

I think VDJ is excellent, but not perfect, then again none of them are. VDJ5 has some fantastic features (and some crappy unnecessary ones) but is generally very feature full.

I now use Torq (with an Xponent) and in the beginning I was very impressed with the quality of the program, but after a while there were a few features I was used to in VDJ that are not present in Torq. If you go to the Torq forums there is war going on over the next update - v1.5. They are not including many of the most requested features and rumor has it they are going to make you pay for the update too!

I've never really used ableton - I hear it's an incredibly powerful tool but prob overkill for my needs

No-one can be sure what's going to be in Torq 1.5 - one thing is for sure is that they won't charge for it.

I'd like to know what features you use in VDJ that are not in Torq.

Torq 1.5 has just been announced. It's $50 for the update. :-(

check the forum for a list of the types of features people are requesting.

• Advertisement

yeah I was a bit annoyed and surprised about having to pay for the update.

then I read the new features included and it looks like it could rival Ableton in terms of flexibility and power. can't wait to try it out.

Advertisement