Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

modem and router combo = INSANITY!

• 30-12-2007 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Lads, quick question, would appreciate any help as this is driving me mental..!

My old man bought a Belkin combined DSL Modem and Router. The modem section is causing problems with our BT broadband connection and the problems disappear when I connect up using the BT supplied modem.
    Can I possibly use BT modem to get the DSL signal but plug the modem straight into the router - basically "ignoring" the modem part of the Belkin router and just using it to allow wireless connections. I've tried it and it works fine with a wired connection but doesn't allow any wireless connections to find a DNS.

Looks like this:

DSL>>>>BT MODEM>>>>BELKIN MODEM & WIRELESS ROUTER

Any help is greatly greatly GREATLY appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Check the manual for the Belkin re: 'bridging' / 'extending' mode.

Advertisement