Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westie Terrier found in Glenville Area

Options
  • 30-12-2007 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭

On Stephen's Day I found a white westhighland terrier wandering the streets of Glenville / Coolmine area. He was in pretty bad condition, sores on his back, soaked to the bone, filthy with matted hair and had a limp.

We're guessing his owner was elderly as he got very excited when he saw my grandad coming in. We bathed him today and he's well rested with a full tummy and is so much happier and livelier. If you know of any elderly neighbour that possibly recently passed away and had a westie please let me know as I'd rehouse him asap knowing his owner wont be looking for him.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

While if the owner died and this is how he ended up like this its a sad thing, but if the owner is still alive tbh they have no business ever owning the dog again. Id just turn him over to the DSPCA or someone you know would mind him tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

That's very true actually. I found a lovely lady out in Kiltipper on a dog forum that will meet me with her dog to see how they react together and will take him from me. She rescued her dog 6 months ago. I'd much rather find a loving house than send him to a pound. He has been through enough, poor thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

OP. I was in the petrol station in Mulhuddart Village on Thursday and there was a poster up in the shop for a dog that was missing. Im not 100% sure but I think it was a white terrier. I will be heading down that way in a couple of hours so I will double check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Can you post a picture of the dog??

The picture of the dog is still in the petrol station. I took a photo with my
    camera phone so when I find a way to post it here i will.

In the meantime. The name of the dog in the photo is Max. There is also a
    phone number (I can PM this)

When the dog has its ears pricked up does it have a pink colour on the inside of the ears?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Not my dog :(

Sorry I hadnt been back on here. I'll try post a photo up20071229_165839_2007_1229Carlow.JPG

20071229_165932_2007_1229Carlow.JPG

Hope that's not too big, I'm not very good at the old picture posting on the net!!

pm me if that's your dog or if it matches the pic gazzer saw!

I'm off out now for New Years celebrations and I'm meeting a lady tomorrow afternoon from a Westie Shelter up in Louth, I'll check back here in the morning. If this dog is yours or you recognise it then pm me and i can give you the number of the lady that's taking him off me. I can't keep the poor thing any longer as we have to lock him up in a small shed at night because he got caught in a fence in our garden the first night he was with us. It's not fair on him to keep him confined all night.

Sorry for the delay in posting back. I had some trouble getting the photo onto my computer. Anyway I have now attached the photo of the missing dog notice I saw in Mulhuddart

Oh my god that dog is so cute!! Not the lil guy I picked up tho, my fella was a big buster of a terrier, clearly well fed at some stage of his life!!

Thanks for putting it up Gazzer, maybe someone will spot him :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement