Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Questions on 3 bill pay and their coverage

• 30-12-2007 1:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of porting from o2 bill to 3 bill pay for the lg u990. I'm hoping some existing 3 customers can answer some questions.

What's the coverage really like in the leinster region, are there many coverage blackspots?

Can you carry unused calls and texts over to the following month?

Whats the likelihood of free webtext being introduced?

Overall, are you happy with 3?

Thanks

Comments

Nephew wrote: »
    I'm thinking of porting from o2 bill to 3 bill pay for the lg u990. I'm hoping some existing 3 customers can answer some questions.

What's the coverage really like in the leinster region, are there many coverage blackspots?
    Coverage is excelent in Ireland.In the increasingly rare case that there is no 3 cell nearby ,you get to roam on Vodafone-but your phone still says "3".
    God forbid you want to roam though.
    I've not been able to use my bill pay phone in the U.S twice and at times in some European countries despite there being "supposed" roaming agreements.
    Can you carry unused calls and texts over to the following month?
    No.
    Whats the likelihood of free webtext being introduced?
    I simply don't know.
    Overall, are you happy with 3?
    No I'll be moving soon.I don't like their choice of phones simply because the larger screened video phones (they are a video service regardless of how little they might be used as one) are too battery hungry.
    My k800i for instance couldnt be relied upon after a few calls and 36 hrs.
    Secondly their customer service based in India is woefull and exceedingly unhelpfull particularally if they bill you the wrong amount (over charge) or if you cannot roam when you are supposed to be able to.
    I'm not allowed to go into detail here due to the fact that the charter of this board prohibits discussion on "consumer issues" with phone networks.
    Though you may pm me if you want and I'll fill you in on the specefic problems I've encountered that I've never had with any other network I've been on.
    Put it to you this way-come back Irish call centre all is forgiven :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

I never had an issue with roaming on 3.
    Roamed OK in US (NYC), Spain, France, Czech Rep and UK.
    Customer Care - OK thats a differet story but if you a persistant you will get your issues sorted (always ask for a ticket No. if it's a tech issue) adn if you demand it they will give you free bill or something to that effect.

Advertisement