Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA impact 29/12

• 30-12-2007 1:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭

Here's my review of, what has to be said, was a god awful show, and did nothing but seal my hatred of this wretched company. Now that I think of it, this isn't so much a review as it is pointing out all the stupid ****ing **** that TNA managed to do in about 90 minutes. Enjoy!

- We learn that AJ is on "both teams" at the upcoming PPV. Good on him.

- "We're the tag champions of the world" AJ to Tomko..... were those belts ever defended overseas?

- Reference is made to "Chris Parks"........ I guess he must be debuting soon!

- "You see Judas Mesias in the ring taking off the mask and the blood....... coming... out of the mouth and the dead eyes" Fine observations there, Don.

- West and Tenay talk about Angle and Christian for a good 80% of the Mesis-Shenshi match.

- Backstage with Angle, Ms. Angle and Borash. They do a swerve on Borash sucking Kurts dick. Not funny.

- Christian calls himself "the champ"? Why? He lost the belt twice. Stupid.

- Angle vs Christian at the ppv. Who is face, who is heel? I couldn't give a balls.

- AJ is turning face it would seem, only to join up with a heel So, if he turns face, and joins a heel group..........what?

- Kurt Angle has god awful music.

- Kurt and Karen had a big fight in the opening segment, but they seem fine in the ring together now. Don't know how tehy worked that one out....

- Cage hit AJ with a belt, insults Tomko and walked away. Why would AJ join him? That makes no sense!!

- "The era of has-beens ends tonight" Robert Roode on his match with Booker T, and 60% of the TNA roster apparantly....

- Why did Karen Angle attack Sharmel during the Booker-Roode match?

- Why did Kurt then attack Booker?! Are they fueding?!

- 6 man tag ultimate x match for the X-Divison title, invloving the Dudleys. Yeah. When did Johnny Devine win the belt btw?

- Eric Young decided to have a conversation with AJ during the AJ/Tomko-MCMG match. Why didn't someone stop this lunatic from disrupting a match?! MCMG are awesome btw, and need to be pushed.

- During this match, Tenay spoke of a "commotion" in Cornettes office. Way to keep attention on the match there Mike!

- On a side note, Jim Cornette collects wrestling figures.

- Why was ODB drinking (i'm assuming) whiskey during her entrance?

- 6 woman tag. WWE should never have released Gail Kim.

*at this point, my father tells me there is a "Mock The Week" marathon on ch111. The temptation is huge!!

- Cornette asks Morgan did he actually make these ridiculous matches last week. Not only does that prove how stupid these matches were, but it also suggests that Jim Cornette doesn't watch TNA. You're not alone, Jim.

- "up next, Samoa Joe BATTLES Elix Skipper..... will he show up?" Yes, he will.

- Tenay is talking to ABYSS, THE MONSTER, in a make-**** interview room. Tenay fears no-one apparantly.

- Abyss INSISTS that it was his mother who raised him, not his father. Okay.

- "the secret lives with me, and dies with me" Abyss, even though Tenay just told him that Mitchell also knows the secret.....

- Abyss gets up, gets very angry. Tenay remains seated with his legs crossed. Mike Tenay, this tiny commentator, no-sold Abyss's rage!

- "I don't think Jow will show up tonight" Don West, confirming that he will indeed show up.

- Is Joe a face or heel btw?

- James Storm, the brightest star in TNA, is drunk, making noises on a couch beside Eric Young and AJ Styles. That was storms only involvement on impact. That is unbelieveable.

- Eric Young talks utter **** for 2/3 minutes.

- Scott Steiner getting an X Division title shot. Petey Williams, who is very much on steroids, is getting a world title shot. Does anyone give a **** about either?

- "Dustin Rhodes" comes to the ring. He doesn't know he is Black Reign. Maybe someone should show him a dvd, no?

- Kaz has long hair again. Isn't that why he left WWE or something?

- Kaz does a hoge dive onto DR and security. They all get up immediatly.

- Nash and AJ discuss NWO wolfpac, Hollywood and the LWO!

- TNA'S MOST MEMORABLE MOMENTS OF 2007!! HA! They come with captions. One reads " They (the wrestlers, that is) make you laugh" No, they do not.

- There is a woman stalking Roode. Why is she let in? Why is she acknowledged on TV? Why isn't she kicked out?

- So, this is what they've been building to, who will AJ choose?!?! Angle and Christian have a war of words, which Tenay talks over, and the show ends. It just.....ends. There and then. No anwser given. UTTER UTTER BULL****!!!!

So, those of you who defend TNA, can you please explain how this was a good show? The only good thing was the AJ/Tomko-MCMG match, but that was **** on by Eric Young.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Honestly you shouldn't subject yourself to the shows any more. They are a clusterf*ck of chaos and a mish-mash of utter bollocks. I do however enjoy reading up on what goes on as it's always good for a laugh. :)
    Gerard.C wrote: »
    - Why did Karen Angle attack Sharmel during the Booker-Roode match?

- Why did Kurt then attack Booker?! Are they fueding?!

Ha, they're getting more like WCW with every passing week. Reminds me of a shoot interview I watched with Bret Hart where he discusses the segment where Goldberg speared the iron plate. It was one of WCW's best ever segments but Bischoff nearly ruined it because he wanted Hogan to get involved in it. It was funny hearing Bret explain the madness that went on there and the conversation he had with Bischoff.

Bischoff: "Can we get Hulk involved in some way?"

Bret: "Why, am I gonna be feuding with Hulk?"

Bischoff: "No."

Bret: "Well is Hulk gonna be feuding with Goldberg?"

Bischoff: "No."

Bret: "Well then Eric, why the f*ck would Hulk get involved?!"

Who says history doesn't repeat itself? :D
    Gerard.C wrote:
    - Tenay is talking to ABYSS, THE MONSTER, in a make-**** interview room. Tenay fears no-one apparantly.

Are they still doing those bloody interviews?! ITV should get Mike Tenay to replace Michael Parkinson. By this stage he must have done close to the number of interviews that Parky has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

What channel is this on and can I unsubscribe to it? :D

Seriously, that reads like the biggest load of parpff ever on wrestling. The bit with Scott Steiner going for the X division belt reminds me of his debate with Chris Lowinski on Raw, so preposterously stupid it's almost surreal. All they need now is Sid Cody to fire off a few promos and it will be heaven!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

For one Gerrard, it's clear your not being objective, I herd that you hate TNA which is fine but I don't think you should have to be so ridiculous about it. For one, CHristian is clearly the face.

2, alot of your complaints seem to be that TNA is unrealistic but that means nothing compard to the competition. I don't see what's less realistic about a split personality gimmick than a teacher who hangs with a Black piece of **** who wears suspenders that don't even cover his tits.

3. The AJ thing just ended because they probably want to have the decision mad on a PPV so they can string the feud out over 2 maybe 3 PPV's. I'm guessing Christian vs. Kurt first, second Christian with Tomko/Aj vs. Angle with AJ/Tomko and then a feud ending match between the two, no bad thing

4. If someone were to adress the 3 WWE shows with your objectivity they could easily come up with a bigger list. Let's see. N.1 Hornswaggle vs. Khali. Number 2. Getting Finlay involved in it. Number 3. Making it a cross brand rivalry. Number 4 Vickie Guererro. Etc.

5. You seem to have not been watching TNA lately and thus criticizing it for not knowing what's going on, which is actually your fault. You say you it wouldn't make any sense for A.J. to side with Christian. You clearly have no idea what the story is. The same reason you don't know why Christian is the face. Same with the Cornette Morgan angles, Tenay's character and Joe's position.

I could go on but I want sleep. So what if TNA has some terrible crap at the moment. So does the WWE. I know I'd prefer to watch a Christian Angle feud than a Hardy vs. Orton one. I know I like a company that has a respectable tag team division. I know I like a company that has the right balance of the charisma/technical element in wrestlers.
    I like Impact. So what if it's not so realistic, I really don't think it should be criticized for that. It's blatently obvious when they have a wrestler called Sharkboy.

Bubs101 wrote:
    So what if TNA has some terrible crap at the moment. So does the WWE.

That is true Bubs but the difference is WWE is making a BUCKET LOAD of money. TNA is losing a BUCKET LOAD of money and has even had to cancel shows because of a lack of interest. In contrast, WWE's business has been doing very well indeed.

You say 'so what' to TNA's flaws but unless TNA gets its act together it won't be around for much longer and Vince McMahon will have another tape library to add to his vast collection.

For all its faults, the WWE still know how to do things right. TNA hasn't got a breeze. And would you really want to see Angle vs Christian - a mid-card feud in the WWE - over watching Jeff Hardy vs Randy Orton? I think you're in the minority there mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

You say 'so what' to TNA's flaws but unless TNA gets its act together it won't be around for much longer .

It's here for at least 3 more years. Spike are very happy with the rating they get and just signed a new contract with them.

I get your point though. The WWE can produce crap and get a way with it in a way TNA can't. To be fair though, WWE creatively has been way more consistent this year.

I'm not saying the WWE has always been good creatively but in a difficult year, they kept the ball rolling and produced some good story lines at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Bubs has a point if you dont watch something for weeks and then pick it up again it wont make sense, trying missing a month of corrie then trying to catch up :D

You are getting silly about your hatred for TNA as well, World Champion is a term used throughout America, has there been a WWE World Champion outside Canada the US or Mexico if so theres not many, NBA world champions, NFL World Champions etc

Its easy to be flat out critical, I'm not defending either both companies have produced some bad stuff this year but as stated WWE brings in enough money to keep getting away with it, and as long as that continues Vince Mcmahon will **** on the fans as much as he wants because HE CAN (and I guarantee he gets a kick out of it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

By the way I'm not entirely sure whether you are being sarcastic or not(its hard to tell in writing), Chris parks is Abyss

EdK wrote: »

Its easy to be flat out critical, I'm not defending either both companies have produced some bad stuff this year but as stated WWE brings in enough money to keep getting away with it, and as long as that continues Vince Mcmahon will **** on the fans as much as he wants because HE CAN (and I guarantee he gets a kick out of it)

Yeah but the WWE do the basic things right to get away with it. Amidst some crap, WWE gave us a fantastic but very simple feud in Cena/Michaels.

For a month it was all bout whether HBK would kick Cena in the head or not. And when he finally did, it was awesome.

TNA don't even have the mentality to patiently build something like that.

That is true Bubs but the difference is WWE is making a BUCKET LOAD of money. TNA is losing a BUCKET LOAD of money and has even had to cancel shows because of a lack of interest. In contrast, WWE's business has been doing very well indeed.

You say 'so what' to TNA's flaws but unless TNA gets its act together it won't be around for much longer and Vince McMahon will have another tape library to add to his vast collection.

For all its faults, the WWE still know how to do things right. TNA hasn't got a breeze. And would you really want to see Angle vs Christian - a mid-card feud in the WWE - over watching Jeff Hardy vs Randy Orton? I think you're in the minority there mate.

I know that TNA is losing money, but keep in mind it's only been in existance for 5 years and has a very ambitious business plan. I think that the business model there followong is one of risk which allows a loss of money in the early years of a company in order to advance quickly and have the chance of making big profits earlier. I don't think it makes much of a difference if it's hemmoeriging (spelling) money. It makes no difference to the quality of the product and TNA has big backers in Spike! and Dixie's company which will keep it afloat for a long time. Keep in mind that it's a young company and is probably doing better than the WWE in it's first 5 years

As for Angle Chrisitian being a mid-card feud:D:D:D:D:D, assuming Christian had have stayed in the WWE I'd assume he'd be at least as big as Edge ATM and Angle would certainly have been a bigger name then Orton, not to mention that Christian and Angle are technichally better and you don't know who's going to win the match by virtue of the position of the men in the company. They even tried to launch a T.V. show on the back of Angle (and in fairness, R.V.D., but hopefully we should be seeing him in the X-division soon;))

Yeah but the WWE do the basic things right to get away with it. Amidst some crap, WWE gave us a fantastic but very simple feud in Cena/Michaels.

For a month it was all bout whether HBK would kick Cena in the head or not. And when he finally did, it was awesome.

TNA don't even have the mentality to patiently build something like that.

I agree with you there but I'm not so sure TNA can do that. The WWE know that they can keep putting out crap and crap Raws but it'll probably still get a 3.0 at least so they can afford to build things up til the PPV.

I also think TNA are trying to get their act together when it comes to long term booking. For one,the Christian Angle angle looks like it will stretch to two PPV's, maybe with the second one having A.J. and TOmko in it. It's been built up for a long time and I know that I'm certainly more interested in that than Orton-Hardy,Edge-Batista and god forbid CM-Punk-Big Daddy V. Also, it looks like once Joe beats Morgan and Nash he'll walk in to a feud with the winner of Christian Angle or Booker T. It seems to me like TNA is at least trying to build up something with some long term booking now

(I do realize in all probability this'll be brought up again as a quote as Petey Williams defends his TNA world title against Amazing Kong in a feminist angle at the next PPV)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Bubs101 wrote: »
    For one Gerrard, it's clear your not being objective, I herd that you hate TNA which is fine but I don't think you should have to be so ridiculous about it. For one, CHristian is clearly the face.

2, alot of your complaints seem to be that TNA is unrealistic but that means nothing compard to the competition. I don't see what's less realistic about a split personality gimmick than a teacher who hangs with a Black piece of **** who wears suspenders that don't even cover his tits.

3. The AJ thing just ended because they probably want to have the decision mad on a PPV so they can string the feud out over 2 maybe 3 PPV's. I'm guessing Christian vs. Kurt first, second Christian with Tomko/Aj vs. Angle with AJ/Tomko and then a feud ending match between the two, no bad thing

4. If someone were to adress the 3 WWE shows with your objectivity they could easily come up with a bigger list. Let's see. N.1 Hornswaggle vs. Khali. Number 2. Getting Finlay involved in it. Number 3. Making it a cross brand rivalry. Number 4 Vickie Guererro. Etc.

5. You seem to have not been watching TNA lately and thus criticizing it for not knowing what's going on, which is actually your fault. You say you it wouldn't make any sense for A.J. to side with Christian. You clearly have no idea what the story is. The same reason you don't know why Christian is the face. Same with the Cornette Morgan angles, Tenay's character and Joe's position.

I could go on but I want sleep. So what if TNA has some terrible crap at the moment. So does the WWE. I know I'd prefer to watch a Christian Angle feud than a Hardy vs. Orton one. I know I like a company that has a respectable tag team division. I know I like a company that has the right balance of the charisma/technical element in wrestlers.
    I like Impact. So what if it's not so realistic, I really don't think it should be criticized for that. It's blatently obvious when they have a wrestler called Sharkboy.

1 - You spelt my name wrong. And how is it obvious Christian is a face, when he is ACTING LIKE A HEEL?!!?!

2 - Eh, you're saying that it is unrealisting for a white teacher to hang with a "black piece of ****" who is over-weight? Very racist I must say ;) That is FAR more believeable than Dustin Rhodes not realising he has a Rat fetish or whatever it is.

3 - THEY WERE BUILDING THE WHOLE EPISODE UP TO AJ'S DECISION!!!!!! The fact that people now have to Pay to find out is ridiculous, and lost more viewers than it gained I would think.

4 - How is Getting finlay involved stupid? He is "friends" with hornswoggle. And I HIGHLY doubt you could come up with a lbigger list in WWE programing. And that is saying something, considering WWE have 3 hours more than TNA a week.

5 - That is TNA's fault. If you miss one episode of WWE, you can catch up straight away in the RAW rebound or whatever it is. Besides, I do have a decent knowledge of what is going on. Do I give a balls is another question altogether though...

"I know I'd prefer to watch a Christian Angle feud than a Hardy vs. Orton one. I know I like a company that has a respectable tag team division. I know I like a company that has the right balance of the charisma/technical element in wrestlers"

I know I like a company where the champion gets to carry around his title. I know I like a company that doesn't insult my intelligence with utter stupidity!!!

I agree with you there but I'm not so sure TNA can do that. The WWE know that they can keep putting out crap and crap Raws but it'll probably still get a 3.0 at least so they can afford to build things up til the PPV.

But it wasn't crap. HBK/Cena was great. And people didn't stop watching because it was a slow build feud. If anything, it grabbed more people because of it.

I don't watch TNA regularly. I gave up a long time ago but I watched a show from about 2 weeks ago and it was just loaded with so much stuff that none of it resonated with me. Just too much stuff being thrown at me at the one time.

The TNA mentality is obviously that they believe they have to throw lots of stuff on their tv show to make sure people won't change the channel. The problem with that is it might keep people watching your tv show but it's killing their ppv business because they don't give you time to care about anything. They are already onto the next angle and after 2 hours it all becomes the same mush in your brain.

Ultimately TNA's creative doesn't have the courage, willingness or ability to do a HBK/Cena feud from 2007 or a Batista/HHH feud from 2005.

And they never learn. When everyone in the mainstream media was saying what a dirty business wrestling is, they brought in Pacman Jones. When UFC were doing a phenomenal job hyping up Wanderlei Silva for his fight last night in their "All Access" show showing him working out with a snorkle attatched to his nose gasping for air, Samoa Joe was being portrayed as a whiny bitch.

Every month TNA gets what they deserve in the buy rate they get. Meanwhile UFC, a company on the same network for about the same amount of time, which has had way more problems than TNA has ever had to overcome will do 500000 buys (maybe more) for last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

If you miss a week of Raw and watch the next week, you will know exactly what's happening in the feuds that they have on tv. It will all be explained to you through replays mainly. If you miss a week of Impact then you're screwed! They don't give fans a chance to figure out what they missed

And Christian comes out of the heel entrance ramp, is he a lost face?
    I also think TNA are trying to get their act together when it comes to long term booking. For one,the Christian Angle angle looks like it will stretch to two PPV's, maybe with the second one having A.J. and TOmko in it. It's been built up for a long time and I know that I'm certainly more interested in that than Orton-Hardy,Edge-Batista and god forbid CM-Punk-Big Daddy V.

Next week's Impact is the one with the leaked script. Maybe after watching it you could try explaining how they've built Angle vs Christian in any way

Fozzy wrote: »

Next week's Impact is the one with the leaked script. Maybe after watching it you could try explaining how they've built Angle vs Christian in any way

Well here goes. Unless I missed something...

Christian has stable with Tomko and A.J.

Angle steals Tomko and A.J. for his stable

Angle offers Christian a place in his stable but instead gives him a beatdown (This is where I assume Christian turned. I know it's not a traditional obvious face turn but it still is a turn in my book)

Various face-offs between the two with both vying for the loyalty of Tomko and A.J.

That appears to be build up enough for a PPV match which could well be one of 2 or 3 and thus have more of a biuld up. Also, seeing as I'm not sure whether you're talking about build up for in the next show or over all, if I can remember correctly the next show has alot of A.J. in it. And it seems to be pretty clear that A.J. will make his decision at the P.P.V., thus I'd consider that time as build up for Angle Christian

I don't see how build up for which side AJ is going to choose is build up for Angle vs Christian. I don't see an issue or conflict between Angle and Christian, I just see two between Angle and AJ, and Christian and AJ. Next week there is also a number one contenders match for Angle's title, the one that Christian is already challenging for

From what I can see, up until this week Christian hadn't won a match since the start of November. He's been pinned by guys like Joe and Booker. Why should I care about Joe or Booker and want them to win matches when they get nothing in the end for winning those matches? What does it say about the title when a guy finally gets a title shot when he starts losing a load of matches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

The neggitivity on this forum astounds me. You come on here complaining about how bad TNA is. No one is forcing you to watch it. I gave up on the WWE along time ago. Little of what they do appeals to me. TNA has the balls to try something new and you people shoot it down instantly. Christeans character is not one dimensional eg weather he is face or heel is not clear. He calls himself "The Champ" because that's his gimmick.

The neggitivity on this forum astounds me. You come on here complaining about how bad TNA is. No one is forcing you to watch it. I gave up on the WWE along time ago. Little of what they do appeals to me. TNA has the balls to try something new and you people shoot it down instantly. Christeans character is not one dimensional eg weather he is face or heel is not clear. He calls himself "The Champ" because that's his gimmick.

This is a discussion forum.

TNA is sh*t right now.

We discuss how TNA is sh*t right now.

It's not rocket science is it? What would you prefer? For us to ignore how atrocious it is?

We're not being negative for the sake of it. We want to see the company do well but we just can't stand the diabolical handling of the wrestlers. It's hardly unreasonable to do so considering how poorly the company is doing right now.

I wouldn't be concerned about TNA at all if they were doing ok. If what they currently do was making a lot of their viewers buy their PPVs then I just wouldn't watch. But they're heading in a bad direction. What they're doing is not working. If Panda Energy ever decide that they don't want to keep losing money on TNA then they could just pull the plug and I would hate to see that happen

Is what TNA is doing that new though? Does WCW 2000 ring any bells? I didn't always shoot down what they do because one year ago I really enjoyed it

Advertisement