Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wonderkids

Options
  • 30-12-2007 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Just to start the convo' on Wonderkids.

Has any one ever bought a player as a "wonderkid" and he becomes a "spirited forward" (or similar) and the back to "wonderkid" in the space of 15 games.

Has happened with me with a kid called Aquino

just for the record other wonderkids i have encountered:

Kostidanov (got him for 150k in my first season, absolutely awesome)
    Calros Vela
    Javi Martinez
    Nsue

by the way have found a nifty way to find the, just alter the player searches to players under the age of 20 and dont tick the realistic purchace box.
    but i guess thats pretty obvious. only just hit me though.

by the way 3 rd season in, as Leeds, in the prem. spent £22mill and my best signing was kostidanov in my first season.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Dalli.S wrote: »
    by the way 3 rd season in, as Leeds, in the prem. spent £22mill

I hope thats an omen for real life :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Brenno is a fantastic right back. Comes from the Brazilian league.

Also Matius Fernandez the Chilean at Villarreal you can pick up for around £10 and goes Cristiano style within weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

The superb young players i found in FM2007, Dolph Kerlaan (dutch goalie), Kennith Stenlid (Danish Gk) and Petr Szesny (Czech striker) dont appear to exist in FM2008 :(

Luckily Christian Benaventte (Peruvian right winger for Real Madrid) still does and is available for about 80k! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Dalli.S

Another one just developed......

Damien La Tallec.

bought him cos i have his bro.......
    Have a solid strikforce of,

Kostadinov,
    La tallec,
    Heskey,
    Beckford..........

been trying to get Bojan and Nsue, but to no avail.....

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭TheBa

I started a game with Hibs for a challenge.

Have a lovely young team but no wonderkids, probably because the club and league are too small.

But here goes....

Piatti (give him games and he'll be a god!)
    Wijnaldum (God, fullstop)
    Sosnin (Has it every way!)

Its very difficult to accomodate all three and if you try to, you will probably ship a few more goals than you should. But all these guys were under 500k and i got one bid of 24 mil for Wijnaldum already!

Also, if you sign these guys for a small club, be sure to tie them down to long-term deals cos when their rep grows, they won't sign new contracts.

Also, lucas, ekdahl, mvuemba, hamalainen, auchewski etc. were good signings at very cheap prices. Perhaps not Premiership or La Liga sandard though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Ha'way the Lads

Bojan
    Dos Santos
    Saivet
    Nsue
    Wijnaldum
    Ustari
    Breno
    Agouda
    Aaritalo
    Ojo
    Stech
    Marcelo
    Fernandes
    Thiago
    Zapata
    Banega
    Balotelli
    De Guzman
    Alex (Vasco)
    Lulinha
    Hobbs
    Elmander
    Hamsik
    Hoiland

Not all of these players are wonderkids but they are all young and amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭D.V.S.

Another that I've just bought after 2 seasons is a Slovenian ST named Tim Matavz, starts off at FC Groningen. After goal every 2 game ratio and great scoring record internationally I bought him for €5M. Fans immediately delighted over singing him, now after 3 starts he has 3 goals (scored against Arsenal & Liverpool away) and has been hailed a wonderkid. Boo ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,362 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Bozaglo is worth a look. No - one has mentioned Stancu or Torje. And basically the entire Romanian U21s if you are at an unfashionable club.

Wijnaldum is pretty awesome and have any of you guys ever signed Kwabena Agouda cos i seem to be the only guy who knows him. He is wicked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

Wijnaldum is pretty awesome and have any of you guys ever signed Kwabena Agouda cos i seem to be the only guy who knows him. He is wicked.

i signed him(kwabena ) and im barcelona, gave him a chance but hes utter crap if you ask me. i loaned him off to metz in a hope he'd get better, lets see at the end of the season. just loaned henri saivet to villareal too but he was doing alright for me but i would like him to play more with villareal so he might be ready to play more next season... bojan and dos santos are doing great, scoring plenty goals when coming on as a sub.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

don't go near Agouda if you have a big club, he's only good for promotion battlers if you ask me.

in my game a called cameroonian defensive midfielder called Sunny is doing really well for Tottenham, they bought him for 12 mill off Zaragoza who bought him for 1.5 off some portugese club initially, he's 18 at the start of the game (afaik). i've offered 20 mil for him now and i can't get him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

dos santos is starting for me now 2/3 into the season... 5 goals and 4 assists and hes playing the left wing.javi I'd like to buy javi martinez and silva are players i'd love to sign if i had room but with van der vaart , ronaldinho , messi, xavi, iniesta , deco and yaya toure i feel like they all have alot of years ahead of them. Henry got 51 goals in all comps. amazing.

i signed him(kwabena ) and im barcelona, gave him a chance but hes utter crap if you ask me. i loaned him off to metz in a hope he'd get better, lets see at the end of the season.

If you train him and improve his physical attributes he becomes amazing i signed him as HSV and he averaged 7.79 in the league scoring 26 in 25 games. He gets injured a bit too much and he is very fragile and inconsistent but if you can use his ability he becomes world class.He, Banega, David Jones and Mika Aaritalo made me (HSV) the best team in the world.

Have any of you ever signed Funjo Ojo coz his stats are amazin for his age (16) but i dunno if he's any good. Also Bouzanis is unbelievable and Rajkovic and Vidal are wicked

TheBa wrote: »
    I started a game with Hibs for a challenge.

Is Benjelloun good for you cos I signed him for HSV and he was wicked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 big bird

can you help me i need a left midfielder for liverpool...... and a good tatic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

big bird wrote: »

Im going to start a new game tonight as Liverpool,have a fair idea of what players I want to sign and 2/3 formations but know which one I will start off with.

Anyway will let you know how it goes and what formation and players seem to do the trick for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

A good midfielder for your liverpool team would be van der varrt i bought him for spurs and he was amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 big bird

yea he is very good but i am kind of looking for a out and out attacking left midfielder, do you know any sites for gettin tatics

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Im using Liverpool and currently just starting 2013/14, starting XI and backups:

GK: Ben Foster / Dean Bouzanis

DR: Micah Richards / Alvaro Arbeloa
    DL: Emiliano Insua(amazing) / Ian Bonar (Regen, England international)
    DC: Miguel Veloso / Mikel San Jose
    DC: Sergio Ramos / Rafael Forster(Brazilian internation, look him up)

MR: Thiago / Ronaldinho(Getting old, got him for 8.5m a few years ago)
    ML: Georginio Wijnaldum / Ronaldinho / Adam Hammill
    MC: Giles Barnes / Michael Woods
    MC: Anderson / Ever Banega

FC: Fernando Torres / Mario Balotelli
    FC: Theo Walcott / Sergio Reina (Regen, Spanish international)

Ive finally sorted out my squad how i want it after 6 years, ive lost the title on the last day 2 years running. This is the year i turn it around

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Barnes is brilliant.

In my game though he has yet to get an England call up, despite the fact that he is the most valuable English player in the game and has been getting a 7.8 average over the last two seasons!

Pacifico wrote: »
    Barnes is brilliant.

In my game though he has yet to get an England call up, despite the fact that he is the most valuable English player in the game and has been getting a 7.8 average over the last two seasons!

Exact same in my game, its so strange. Gerrard is still being called up despite the fact that he is 6th choice in MC for me. Barnes is worth €22m and has Barca, Inter, Milan and Real after him. But still no call up to the England team. Even Michael Woods is getting called up and he is Barnes' backup in my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Unearthly

How did you get from Anderson from Man Utd. Man Utd apppoint Steve Bruce?

Is Benjelloun good for you cos I signed him for HSV and he was wicked

He was pretty good alright. Not as prolific as Fletcher though.

But then his head got big and suddenly he was too big and had to sell him for 6.5 million cos he had one year left and no intention of signing on. Could have got a little more but my board accepted it.

Lindado, his replacement is better. Check him out. I think he's Colombian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Started a game with City and by the end of the third season Nedum Onuoha(think that's how you spell it) was worth 20 million. Him and Richards turn into a fantastic centre back partnership.

Unearthly wrote: »
    How did you get from Anderson from Man Utd. Man Utd apppoint Steve Bruce?

No idea to be honest. Mark Hughes is the manager.

He came out and said he was unhappy at lack of first team football which was weird because he had played 35 games in all comps and it was only February. He was valued at €35m so i went in to make an offer just to see how much it would take to get him away. They had set an asking price of just €22m so i snapped him up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

I've played 3 seperate games(Celtic/Sampdoria, West Brom and Villa) and for all 4 clubs I've bought Loic Abenzoar. Haven't seen him mentioned here much but he'll generally go to most clubs that are championship and above for about 950k from Lyon.

He's a right back and only 18 at the start, I generally make him a first teamer and his stats shoot up and turns into a wonderkid. In the second season Aresnal and Pool always bid for him. Check him out!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

big bird wrote: »

Jeremy Menez was great for me. Did terrible for 6 months then I dropped him for 2 then he came back and was an absolute star. Stick with him and he'll turn into a great player, sold him after 18 months for £24m. I regret letting him go now.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

agueromylove.jpg

In a way I almost resent him because it makes it impossible for me to use my rotation policy and give my other forwards a sufficient number of games.

Then again, 37 goals by the beginning of Feb as an AMC can't be that dislikeable.

• Advertisement

Jesus Jones! How did you get Aguero to Newcastle?!

Must have been awful pricey...

Advertisement