Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

It wouldn't be a new year without this, would it?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Alanthroneus

ha good one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

the anticipation has stepped up a gear for this over on the heretodaygonetohell forums,apparantly the record label have the album a while and this may not be too far from the real release date. i'll believe it when i see it myself!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I'll believe it when I see it in HMV, and I'm not going to buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Gerard.C wrote: »

Oh GAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWD. Not this sh*t again....??? I don't believe ANYTHING from HMV.......

I'll believe it when I actually have the cd in my hands..........NOT until then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Does anybody care anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Man Axl doesn't even care anymore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Ha ha, I saw the thread title and figured it had to be in relation to Chinese Democracy. I'll definitely be buying it when it comes out. Hopefully I'll still be capable of listening to it and not dribbling into my mashed potatoes in an old folks home somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

how do people think this album will do when/if it comes out?

have people lost interest or do you think the record label may be able to drum up major sales?
    i mean targeting the right market could make this album huge, we have all seen how the 80s tv series nostalgia has hit the dvd buying public.

i have a feeling this album could sell millions - the music may not be great, but it could still be a 'hit'

how do people think this album will do when/if it comes out?

have people lost interest or do you think the record label may be able to drum up major sales?
    i mean targeting the right market could make this album huge, we have all seen how the 80s tv series nostalgia has hit the dvd buying public.

i have a feeling this album could sell millions - the music may not be great, but it could still be a 'hit'

I reckon it'll shift a few million....? It wont be that big though. Not many people give a s**t about Axl Rose any more....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭Silent Partner

Surely to God they'll never recover their costs for the album? It's 10+ years in the making. How much is that going to cost? :eek:

Record Company Executive type: "Mr. Rose, here is the total you owe us even after 40 squillion sales of Chinese Democracy..."
    Axl Rose: :eek::eek::eek: *makes a quick call....* "Er hello Slash? Yeah long time no speak. I'm good thanks. Listen about that lucrative reunion tour...."

I think that Chinese Democracy will sell a few, purely from a curiosity point of view. The musical value of the album will be largely irrelevant, especially judging by what we have heard of the album already :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

The songs they I've heard (Better, The Blues and Madagascar) were very good IMO. If the whole album is that good, then we're set!!!

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/simpleSearch.do?searchUID=&pGroupID=-1&adultFlag=false&simpleSearchString=Chinese+Democracy&primaryID=-1

NOT good news. If HMV are getting correct info, we'll be lucky if we see CD by this time next year!!!!????

:rolleyes: Axl Rose - and Guns N Roses - are one big(unfunny)joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I think that Chinese Democracy will sell a few, purely from a curiosity point of view. The musical value of the album will be largely irrelevant, especially judging by what we have heard of the album already :(
    Have you not heard There Was a Time? It's one of the best songs I've ever heard.....

Better is crap, IRS is crap, Madagascar is ok, but works far better live than recorded, Chinese Democracy has to be the greatest example I've ever heard of how production can make an average song sound fantastic, Catcher in the Rye is pretty good, The Blues has potential to be an absolutely brilliant song, but the version played live in 2002 was better to the one they play now and the demo leak was far too clean.

Chinese Democracy getting released might be one big joke, but hell, we've heard half the album already. In terms of musical quality, it needs another 3/4 very good songs to make it a decent album, but personally, if the only good thing to come out of the new GNR was TWAT, I'd be happy.

HMV are now saying that Chinese Democracy has been put back(again!). The new date is December 1st this year.

Yeah, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

the fact that it just goes on and on, its like new simpsons episodes, exhausting, annoying and not funny anymore

I also saw on Virgin Megastore's website that they have advertised a release date of 2020 or somethin like that!!!!!????

They must be just as fed up with it, and are starting to take the p***!!!!????

:D

http://www.zavvi.co.uk/product/770282/Guns_'N'_Roses__Chinese_Democracy/s.jsf

There's the proof!!! LOOOOOOOOOOOL :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I wonder if anyone has been stupid enough to pre-order it yet....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I also saw on Virgin Megastore's website that they have advertised a release date of 2020 or somethin like that!!!!!????

They must be just as fed up with it, and are starting to take the p***!!!!????

:D

http://www.zavvi.co.uk/product/770282/Guns_'N'_Roses__Chinese_Democracy/s.jsf

There's the proof!!! LOOOOOOOOOOOL :-D

They must have changed it, now it says:

Release Date:Feb 11, 2008
    Artist: Guns 'N' Roses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭superweld

all of those dates on any site are pure speculation, they change the dates every few months and have done for years.

truth is.... NOBODY knows anything about this release until it comes from Axl or the record company themselves.

there are strong rumours among the gnr community that the label has the album and are working out final terms with Axl regarding marketing/promotion etc but this has not been officially confirmed.

Any gnr fan who has been following this for years has been burned so many times by false rumours and even undelivered promises from Axl himself so until an actual official release is announced by the record company and Mr. Rose then forget about it.

When it comes out I have no doubt it will be an amazing album based on the numerous leaks and live versions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

where cna you listen to the songs or vids if any. saw them at download 06 in rds. ptiy it wasnt the real guns n roses. never saw them till the rds. wouldnt mind buying the album when it comes out. if it ever does lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement