Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M14 Motor

Options
  • 30-12-2007 1:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

Anyone have a motor for a Ver. VII gearbox (for an M14) I can beg or buy? managed to break one of the connecting pins off mine tonight rendering my M14 useless.

Edit: oops wrong forum, apologies, I'm a little tipsy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

moved

by connecting pin do you mean where the wires connect in? depending on the type of motor and how much is broken, it might still be possible to make a connection

if it's a long type motor i have a couple of spare ones here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

can you not solder it? I take t you mean the spade conections that the power wires connect to.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Yeah spade connecting thingy, I tried soldering but A) I'm a bad solderer and an even worse drunk solderer and B) when I finally got it soldered and hooked the whole thing up to a battery pulling the trigger caused the connector to spark and then unsolder itself, I guess the soldering wasn't strong enough to take the current.

I've ordered myself a brand new one off RSOV along with some other goodies I wanted in the mean time, thanks for all your help though. It seemed like a good opportunity to get that tightbore barrel and real wood kit for my AK that I've been wanting.

Advertisement