Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remastered Original Series

Options
  • 30-12-2007 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭

Just finished watching Season 1 in HD, they did a really good job remastering it.

All the shots of the ship are completely re-done, but very very well. There was one scene in an episode where I thought it looked a bit too much like a computer game (it was the shuttle launching in "The Galileo Seven", the whole docking bay is remade in CGI).

Season 2 is out in March I think.

I was reading (maybe here?) that TNG was shot on film too (the effects were added on NTSC tape), so a HD remaster is possible, but probably much more work than TOS.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

They don't need to remaster TNG, it looks great imo.

TOS was terribly dated, so its cool they decided to update it, maybe rake in some new fans for the franchise. From some of the previews I saw for this, it didnt look as good as the DS9 crews remake of the special effect from trouble with tribbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

The clarity in the high def version is superb. Really adds to it (totally ignoring the added special effects that is). Just watching it myself atm.

Advertisement