Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do we need recycling every 2 weeks

Options
  • 30-12-2007 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

We get recycling bin collection every second week. I think once a month would be plenty as we are still not recycling as much as we are dumping. Usually when my bin is full it turns out to be a recycling week and bin has to lie full until following week, very smelly. Also I am too tight to buy recycling labels every two weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

From a personal point of view every 3 weeks would be enough for the recycling bin collection but I can see where that would cause confusion as to what days to leave it out. Its hard enough to remember every 2nd week at the moment.

In any event we are being ripped off big time with this as recycled materials are usually a fraction of the weight of the domestic stuff and all the collectors are being charged by weight to dispose of it.

I could be wrong but is there not a grant payable also to the collectors for the recycled waste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

We are way too tight in this house to buy ANY recycling labels - but we DO recycle everything we can and take it to the public containers ourselves. We only use the recycle bin as an extra storage overflow for the main bin, which we only put out about every 4-6 weeks. My DH gets up on the bin and 'stomps' some more space in it for the overflow :) Not very pretty, I know, but saves us a packet while still being environmentally friendly. Also, he needs the exercise :)
    I think that the recycle bin should be FREE - it would encourage more people to recycle. I don't know about grants, but if three aren't any, there should be.

My DH gets up on the bin and 'stomps' some more space in it for the overflow :) Not very pretty, I know, but saves us a packet while still being environmentally friendly. Also, he needs the exercise :)
    He's not very pretty :eek:. Ah sure its whats in the inside that counts ;)
    I think that the recycle bin should be FREE - it would encourage more people to recycle.
    Couldnt agree more.

And welcome to the forum. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭jonnygee

I always got rid of a lot of recycling stuff in the council operated recycling place in carndonagh, eg: empty vodka bottles, scrap tvs, empty vodka bottles, cardboard, empty vodka botles, aluminum cans, empty vodka bottles, old washing machines, empty vodka bottles, old mattresses and sometimes even empty vodka bottles. But I see they are going to start charging for using this facility sometime soon, isnt anything free anymore?.

jonnygee wrote: »
    I always got rid of a lot of recycling stuff in the council operated recycling place in carndonagh, eg: empty vodka bottles, scrap tvs, empty vodka bottles, cardboard, empty vodka botles, aluminum cans, empty vodka bottles, old washing machines, empty vodka bottles, old mattresses and sometimes even empty vodka bottles. But I see they are going to start charging for using this facility sometime soon, isnt anything free anymore?.
    I have the same problem with those damn bottles :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

I have a problem with some H--R stealing my bin labels if i catch him
    im going to recycle his skull for fertiliser................icon8.gif

Advertisement