Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do eircom charge for BB

Options
  • 30-12-2007 5:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭

I have just got my first bill after signing up for 2mg BB with eircom

now i thought the 29.99 a month included line rental but on the bill the have included both??

so i am paying for the line and BB is this correct or is there something wrong.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

That's right - you pay for both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭fatboymsport

Eircon never informed me of that i understood that line rental was included thats crazy over 50 eur a month for ph and bb

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Eircon never informed me of that i understood that line rental was included thats crazy over 50 eur a month for ph and bb

You expected Broadband to cost you about 5e a month?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭supervixen

and if you accepted a "bundle" you are on a 12 month contract, that was what they "forgot" to mention on the phone in my case.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

supervixen wrote: »
    and if you accepted a "bundle" you are on a 12 month contract, that was what they "forgot" to mention on the phone in my case.....

All of eircom's broadband products are a 12 month contract, regardless of whether you bundle or not. In fact, almost all broadband products from any company will have a 6 12 or 18 month contract with them.
    Did you ask them to clarify this, or did just assume? They probably don't mention the line rental as it's essentially a separate charge and unrelated to your broadband purchase. Of course, you can't not pay the line rental if you want broadband only (no phone services), but it is still separate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Even Smart has eircom line rental. A Wholesale €17 approx a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 focuswrc

I'm trying to sign-up to an eircom broadband and phone line bundle as a new customer but on the form it keeps telling me I have to pay for line rental (€25) and the bundle on top (€50)! I presume this is a website problem. Can anyone enlighten me?
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

As far as I know, eircom don't include the line rental price in any of their packages. They certainly don't discount it anyway. That price could be correct for calls and broadband bundle, depending on the speed of the broadband and the size of the bundled calls.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

jor el wrote: »
    All of eircom's broadband products are a 12 month contract, regardless of whether you bundle or not. In fact, almost all broadband products from any company will have a 6 12 or 18 month contract with them.
    Eircom's broadband packages have a 6 month minimum contract, unless in a bundle, whereby it's 12 month minimum contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭fatboymsport

yes i thought that 30eur a month was enough to pay for line and BB guess i was wrong
    Cabaal wrote: »
    You expected Broadband to cost you about 5e a month?

• Advertisement
Advertisement