Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T90si - No Water Pressure

Options
  • 30-12-2007 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a triton t90si installed in my ensuite about a year and there has always been a problem whereby the pressure of water is not great.

I put in a service call and the technician said it was working fine and my plumber said the same when I raised it with him shortly after he installed it.

If you put it on the narrow jet it is a bit better but still no good for rinsing hair.

It is not a problem with water pressure as the water pressure in the taps in the ensuite are fine. I know the pressure is controlled by how much water can be heated to a certain temperatiure by the shower so maybe I need a different shower or is there a way to heat the water before it enters the shower?

Any ideas appreciated?

Lastbuilders

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

have u got a manual handy? check if theres filters in the inlet pipes might be clogged up

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

yep a filter on the water inlet, if i remember rightly it's on the bottom
    left corner (brass bolt) take off and remove filter & clean

for safety turn off the esb mains please

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Raven_k42

...I'm not trying to hijack the thread...but my T90si has developed a noise not unlike a jet taking off ...OK...a small jet!. You can hear it all over the house. Does this sound fatal ?. It is about 5/6 years old...and I had started to think maybe time for a replacement. Other than the noise...still heating/flowing fine.

Many thanks,
    K.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

Hi Raven

I'm not familiar with this shower model however after googling it appears to be a pumped/power shower so the sound like you are describing sounds very like the pump going, eventually pressure will drop and the shower may stop working completely - you may be able to pick up a pump replacement although if its 5/6 years old it might be harder to source.

If you are going to replace the whole shower try and get something similar or at least take the cover off the existing shower to see where the inlet pipes go (left or right hand side) then purchase a shower with the pipes on the same side, saves alot of work for the plumber and less wrecking of tiles etc. normally works out cheaper then :) good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 33 carrick

shouldnt have any problems with finding a pump for the shower most triton dealers would be able to sort you out,a good electrician would be able to replace it for you some tradesmen advertise as fixing showers,check local paper. *dont mess with appliance as high currents and water involved deadly combination.*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Raven_k42 wrote: »
    ...I'm not trying to hijack the thread...but my T90si has developed a noise not unlike a jet taking off ...OK...a small jet!. You can hear it all over the house. Does this sound fatal ?. It is about 5/6 years old...and I had started to think maybe time for a replacement. Other than the noise...still heating/flowing fine.

Many thanks,
    K.

The same thing happens my shower, after I turn it on first it's quiet and then that noise comes...the thermostat went recently in the shower and it stopped, I had no hot water but the noise stopped anyway. Im renting the place anyway and the landlord fixed it up himself, hot water again with the noise back

Advertisement