Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acca

• 30-12-2007 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi,

I am starting ACCA this year. People said, BPP is better than DBS or Griffin college in some subjects or the other way around.

I would be appreciate it if you could let me know which one is the best for which subject (from F4 - finals).

Thank you:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Climber

I've been doing ACCA for a year, have passed 5 exams and have used both DBS and BPP.

For tax I would definitely use Julie Hawkins in DBS and financial reporting I would use David Ahern in BPP. Both lecturers really know their subject and try their best to pass on the knowledge.

With regards to the other subjects I don't really have much of an opinion on either college/lecturer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭seanieclarke

ive heard griffith college is the best for the finals.

im still in college though so i havent even started the acca process so cant comment personally!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭jph100

im still in college though so i havent even started the acca process so cant comment personally!

im the exact same. i havent started acca yet so i dont have any personal experience but someone i know who just did their finals did them with griffith college cos he said they are the best for the finals but some people might say some other college is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭lochie

I went to DBS for P1 and P3. Found it fantastic especially the QBR.

My workmates were in BPP for the finals and for P1 especially found it terrible and they ended up spending €60 buyin the book a couple of weeks before the exams. Both said they would go to DBS in future. Bpp don't give the book

A friend was in griffith and found P1 pretty bad esp the revision. The mock exams had to be done at home and so most didn't bother doing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Friend went to Griffith - stories Ive heard are not good

Ive been in DBS and BPP

Passed one level 3 in DBS and did another in BPP just dec gone (fingers crossed) They are both the best

• Advertisement

Well I have recently started and studied only with BPP. I'm rather happy, never had anything in common with accountancy so it was new stuff for me. Got 84% from F3, and i have to say i love the lecturer i Irene Neville, she is extremely fast paced. F2 92% - v good mark, but the lecturer was terrible. I Have fallen asleep twice during his classes, nevertheless I got very god marks. this semester I will probably mix between colleges (DBS and Bpp)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

I didnt do acca but i always hear colleagues talking bout Julie Hawkins for Tax like shes some type of accoutancy Godess and David Aherne in BPP for Fin acc. (I had him for cima financial accountancy but financial accountancy doesnt shake my tree so it could have been drad pitt giving it and i woul dhave thought Boring)
    AFAIK both DBS and BPP have a good reputation for acca - dont know anyone that went to Griffith for ACCA - know loads that went to BPP and DBS.

You should try both colleges and definitely do Tax with julie hawkins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 OleLegend

i don't do accountancy myself but my friend is did them in Griffith and found the place excellent.

he came first in the world in paper 3.5 and swears by Griffith and their style.
    and they always seem to have their prizewinners in the paper every six months when the results come out.

http://www.gcd.ie/index.jsp?1nID=295&2nID=298&pID=352&nID=528

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 paulaccountant

im looking for advice on which college to go to for the ACCA exams and heard that most of Griffith College lecturers recently left and went to a new college - is this true?

Advertisement