Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help-need advice on wisdom teeth

• 30-12-2007 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Ok, so the last time I went to the dentist was cos I had a gum infection. Turned out that it was due to impacted wisdom teeth. The dentist took some xrays and told me that all four of my wisdom teeth are impacted and have to be taken out by general anasthetic in hospital :( Due to my fear of dentists, hospitals and operations, particularly on my mouth I took the advice and promptly ignored it, not having visited the dentist again since. That was about 8 years ago.

In fairness, I've looked after my teeth, brushing regularly and whatnot and I haven't had any trouble with them since then, until a few days ago. M bottom wisdom tooth on the left side has decided to try and make an appearance and as a result my left inside cheek and gum is raw and swollen and extremely painful. I've been gargling with oraldene and taking ibuprofen for the pain, but I know I need to face up to things and get to a dentist to sort out removal :(

What I really need help with is finding out how much it's gonna cost me to get this sorted (I don't have VHI or such like) and also, can anyone in Cork reccommend a really nice sympathetic dentist who isn't gonna make me feel like the silly person I am for not getting this sorted sooner.

Comments

i just hope your not too late!!!!!!!!!!

i remember about 4 years ago i had to get 7 teeth removed, included about 3 wisdom teeth i think. I went into hospital and had them removed. i was in pain for about 2 weeks, things started to pick up them. i wouldn't waste any time getting to a dentist!! i think mind was well over 4 grand!

Advertisement