Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox live Connection problem?

• 30-12-2007 1:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having trouble trying to connect to XBL?

Ive been trying to update my subscription for a week now and it still says 'cant retrieve information from xbox live servers'!!

Rang customer support 4 times now and they say because my NAT is set to moderate, i cant connect! Besides the fact that ive been playing live on these settings for over a year now!!

Another woman said that they were having trouble with their servers and it would be back in an hour......that was 3 days ago!!

Im getting halo withdrawls now!!!!! :D:D

Anyone in the same boat?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Moderate NAT would only be a problem connecting to players, not XBL itself.

Last night was a disaster for XBL, seems everyone got COD4/Halo3 for xmas :)

How is your 360 connected to the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

yeah intermittent connection for me, it tires to sign in but says cant log int ot emssenger and hangs on the "thinking" screen then proceeds to tell me signs in and out but wont let me sign in.

prolly the massive amount of 360s bought at xmas :p

kdjac

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yeah ive been having the same problems the last 2-3 days.
    Seems fine this morning however,hope it lasts.

Its a widespread issue apparently

http://forums.xbox.com/17541790/ShowPost.aspx

25 pages full of complaintes here :)
    http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=561551

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

its a wired connection thru a modem/router......

Yeah was playing in a mates house last night and took us 20mins for a game of halo3!

kdjac:her console was doing this last night also!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Feck yer Halo etc ... It's all down to SWOS :) Long live SWOS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

carbsy wrote: »
    Feck yer Halo etc ... It's all down to SWOS :) Long live SWOS!
    Agree 100%.

SENSI SENSI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

:d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

been trying to dl Matrix Revolutions HD since yesterday, it was at 80% this morning then failed and wont restart all day! :mad:

having major probs connecting to games in las vegas too!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

IT been like this for me for a few days also. Its driving me bloody mad. I was blambing my mates for messing but only realised today it was a live issue itself. I am going mad here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Is it still like this for everyone? I cant sign into live, its very frustrating. I only bought a gold account two days ago!

• Advertisement

Just came in from night out and live is acting up again :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Yeah, LIVE in general has been a shambles as of late apparently.

It's probably due to the influx of new subscribers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

this is the 3rd night in a row :mad: c'mon sort it out .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

if you read the interweb youd know the mass influx of players has crippled the xbox servers. they are currently upgrading serverside and have temporerily stopped all new subcription.

thats what i was told by a microsoft technician when i rang support

also posted around the internet

players shud expect random disconnects

has only happend to me once though tbh, ive being uneffected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

might be the wrong thread but can't seem to get a game of GH3 going on Live finds the game but then says cannot find sessions have the game since chimbo and have not been able to play it on live once any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BLissIRL

Check out xbox scene for details 3 rd time now during december "engineers working hard on issue" your symptoms are exactly whats listed in the buletin update Lives orbital global servers seem to be going nuts too many new customers or some smart git has taken advantage of the kernel roll back and has run linux and found some way to jam up live for days on end
    .?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

After finishing a couple-hour session on COD there and bar 2 disconnects at the start its been fine since. maybe its up again?

Been fine for me all day but i cant log in now .
    A friend couldnt log in allday and can now,wtf are microsoft at .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

anyone else still having problems with Live? Been trying to download the matrix and i keep getting an error code!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Damien360

Having an awful lot of problems on live. Cannot even get to sign in on main page. Tried it a few times after 9pm last few days and if I am lucky, I get 30 mins before it cuts out again. Worked well at 5pm but since I am back to work, I cannot go online at that time !

COD4 unable to find games and when they do the lobby just closes.

• Advertisement

Same crappy evening time hassles again tonight.
    Jaysus i got a 360 2 days b4 xmas and got one night hassle free since :(
    Microsoft are doing themselves no favours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

Was playing today without any problems. Most problems seem to be in the evening.

Was reading on engadget about a rumour that Micro$oft are going to do something for Gold members who suffered problems. Should be interesting to see!

Advertisement