Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting out of three contract

• 30-12-2007 1:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Hey, I've been having some network issues with three. When I try to make a call I cannot hear anything but the phone rings on the other end and when the other party answers they cant hear me either. It happens intermittently in my home town. I know its not a fault with my handset because my mum is also on 3 and has the same issue and when I go away from the area in which I live I dont have a problem. 3 customer services have been as useless as ever, the fault was logged over a week ago and still hasn't been fixed, likely because it is a vodafone mast that I am using and due to there being hardly any 3 customers in my area. Am I able to now go ahead and get out of my contract without paying the remaining months of my contract?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You've logged a fault once, it's not been resolved in a week and now you want out of your contract? Seems to me that this is all about just getting out of the contract - can't really blame you though.

I doubt this is enough to get you out of anything. I would ring back and ask them the progress on your fault report. Also ask them for the ticket ID to make sure that you don't have to go through the same questions each time you call.

I would also suggest that your mother report the issue. Then there will be 2 customers with the same fault and it makes the issue more urgent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

kevin, many people still don't have faults resolved that were reported in july. its 3 remember

random wrote: »
    I would also suggest that your mother report the issue. Then there will be 2 customers with the same fault and it makes the issue more urgent.

you'd think, but its 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

kevin, many people still don't have faults resolved that were reported in july. its 3 remember

you'd think, but its 3
    I know what you're saying Vimes, I'm not suggesting they'll put a dedicated team of techs on his issue - simply that an issue is more real if there's more than 1 person reporting the problem. Of course it'll no doubt be near the end of a really long list - but it won't be on the "this blokes imagining things" list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

Well after over two weeks and after getting two other 3 customers to make sure and log the problem it still isn't fixed. But I done enough of complaining to 3 Head Office and India and they came back and said that because there was nothing more they could do they would waive the early termination fee - 8 months line rental, they cut me off there and then.. I'm free :D

Now anyone know if any of the other networks take the minutes out of your bundle for calls you make in Northern Ireland? I've been having a look around but can't seem to see if they do. It was the only reason I was with 3 in the first place.

Advertisement