Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do i stop Spybot scanning on startup?

• 30-12-2007 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

i was scanning with spybot yesterday when it came a cross a smitfraud c virus? Windows\program_danger file. I tried to get rid of it but it an error came up saying spybot couldnt get rid of it because memory was in use or something? it advised me to restart the computer and put spybot on startup (thought that would be a once off). i did so, it scanned still couldnt delete the file (note i clicked the file and it says the file is empty?? tried to delete in the drive but it said it was protected. significance?) it cant seem to delete it. Maybe the file was picked up by sophos, my other anti-virus. Anyway can you tell me how to stop spybot scanning from startup, leave it to Sophos!!!
    I have windows XP.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

First change spybot to advanced mode(mode>advanced mode) then a settings option will appear in the bottom left corner. Click on it, then click on setting when it appears in the list. Scroll down to "system start" and make sure the only selected option is " No automation".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭x keo21

Cheers, it worked :)

Advertisement