Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards kinship?

Options
  • 30-12-2007 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

Hey, was just wondering was the boards kinship still active. I'm playing the 7 day trial at the moment and am looking for people to chat too and answer any stupid questions i might have :) Jamieirl is my in game name btw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I don't think it ever really took off.

I have a rank in it that allows me to add new members, but I haven't played in months.

If you have any questions then feel free to ask here... I may try and log in this week though and see what changes have been made since I was last there.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

I don't think it ever really took off.

I have a rank in it that allows me to add new members, but I haven't played in months.

If you have any questions then feel free to ask here... I may try and log in this week though and see what changes have been made since I was last there.

Ok thanks, I tried adding a few names from here but most haven't been online in a long while. Is everybody playing something else or are they just sick of the game? I like it so far but am worried about the lack of serious pvp. I'm hoping it will keep me going until some of the newer mmos are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I found it very enjoyable when I was playing it... I liked it far more than WoW.

I was one of the few here that stuck with it.

Just real life got it the way and I haven't been back to it since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Must say I also really loved the game.
    But the killer for me was the lack of players for the PvE although I played PvP mostly.

The big thing though is the time investment needed, MMORPG's are such time sinks. I find it hard to get the time to play these daily and as such fall behind quite quickly with those I end up playing with.

WOW seems to be a real killer for new MMORPG's its just so good and pervasive people automatically gravitate to it.
    Added to which the market place for these seems to be saturated as can be seen by the number of games moving to micro-payments and 'premium' services as well as games folding.

I think the only game which might pull me back into MMORPGs (other than LOTRO if I get time) is conan and even then I'm not so sure.

Advertisement