Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business account advisable/posssible?

Options
  • 30-12-2007 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

As mentioned in another thread, currently considering formalising my "nixers" into an actual business secondary to full time employment. I would like to know if it is adivisable or even possible for me to set up a business banking account when my income is likely to be quite low.

Thanks,

Jumpa

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The level of income doesn't really have a bearing, just watch out for bank charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Thanks dahamsta. So when applying for a business account, just an account no loans etc. the bank doesnt consider if they business is worthwhile or not?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

No. They may ask questions, but they don't care. You can't go into debt with them without arranging it, so why would they?

Good point!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

The one thing they are required to be concerned about is whether your business is a front for money laundering. This is unlikely to come up unless you are dealing in pretty big amounts of money.

• Advertisement

Ok, thanks all.

Advertisement