Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get past the license Agreement pages on XP pro re-install

• 30-12-2007 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭

I want to do a complete re-install from scratch and while the XP pro OS disk boots up fine, I cant get past the multipage license agreement.

I have a couple of XP OS disks and they all stop at the same place.

Page up and down is all that works.

Any thoughts please?:
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Scroll all the way to the bottom of the license pages to enable the next button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

feylya wrote: »
    Scroll all the way to the bottom of the license pages to enable the next button.

Thanks: there is nothing at the end in the way of a next button:confused:

I just hit escape now and it has rebooted.

No, no F8

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Is there something at the bottom of the screen that says "Press F8 to accept license"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Ive never heard of an issue with this screen before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I've only seen this on some systems from Dell where Windows was pre-installed and you get the graphical EULA upon first boot. There is a bug whereby the keyboard doesn't work with other USB devices attached (apart from keyboard and mouse) but your case is different.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

On some eula's you have to scroll to the very end of the agreement before you can click "i agree"

I suppose you've already gone to the very bottom? One there try tabbing around the screen to select the box if visible to accept?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Thanks guys: the disc I have been using is a genuine MS disk c/w holograms etc and I have the COA etc. What is irritating is that I have done this on a good few occasions before and no bother, in fact I dont ever recall seeing the EULA before.
    I have 3 pc's and 3 full licences and up to now no problem doing complete re-installs. All the stuff is registered as genuine MS s/w... etc
    A mystery indeed.
    Will try the other 2 pc's later in '07:) and see what happens.
    Happy New year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ComputerNerd

i have the same xp home oem cd that i used on many computers nothing illegal, i always use the pcs liscence to install

and i have noticed that on dell pcs the xp re-install gave a few different prompts, not sure if its hardware or the liscence key that caused the difference

Advertisement