Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioshock

Options
  • 30-12-2007 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Hey, i've just bought Bioshock and am wondering is it possible to install without SecuROM?

Do I have to install the game from the internet as I only have 56k?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

toco123 wrote: »
    Hey, i've just bought Bioshock and am wondering is it possible to install without SecuROM?

Do I have to install the game from the internet as I only have 56k?

As far as I remember you need to activate the game. So I think you can install it but then need to activate/download update from the internet before you can play. This involved putting in the cd-key to stop pirates.

Well worth it, great game.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Unless you got the steam version which you almost certainly did not as your on dial up then your stuck with SecuROM. Its not spyware or root kit as was feared at one stage. Had no issue with it myself on my copy of Bioshock.

I don't think you are required to be on the net to install Bioshock.
    What happens is evey time you install Bioshock on a PC it uses up an install flag. You have a maximum of 5 installs before it won't work. But you can reclaim an install flag if you un-install while connected to the net. If your un-installing you might need to download a .exe or something to ger the un-install system working right as I heard it did not work sometimes.

Either way your not required to download anything so even on 56k it should not take too long, just a few minutes to get it installed.

There is a patch out not sure how big that adds in extra ability and adds in a higher difficulty mode (which I would recommend)

Hope this helps somewhat.

Advertisement