Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floor Tile Sealer

Options
  • 30-12-2007 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

My tiler mentioned before he put down my floor tiles in the kitchen that they would need PVA/PVC/Sealer or the like to make the floor easier to keep clean. They are ceramic tiles in the kitchen and hallway.

Does anybody out there have any idea what he was talking about? I will contact him in the new year when he is back from holidays but I was hoping somebody could explain it to me in the meantime.

If this is indeed a good idea, could somebody recommend a good, suitable product and advise me on where to get it.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

You don’t need sealers on ceramic tiles, are they glazed?

You only need to seal terracotta and porous tiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭milmo

I'm not entirely sure. When I showed him the tiles a few days prior to starting the job he said that they would be hard to keep clean and that I should put uPVC etc etc on it.

He was an Eastern European guy who was recommended through a tradesman relation. He is an excellent tiler but his English was basic.

They could well be porous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

find out what kind of tiles you have. putting the wrong sealer on them can ruin the floor

Advertisement