Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan 1st/2nd Football

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭paulizei

B1977 wrote: »
    I did a €3 patent on the 3 teams and all 3 teams winning will net me atleast €1000,so should I try cover myself
    An overs double might be worth doing perhaps. I think both of those games will have some goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

decided to go for a double of Bolton (8/15) and Espanyol (11/8) but knowing my luck one of them will screw up - otherwise i'll be a very happy tonight!!!

Bolton are going for their 4th successive home win, while Espanyol drew 1-1 against Deportivo at home last time, so they have to make up the away goal(i'm assuming this rule applies).

I'm sticking with Hamilton/Aberdeen/Dunfermline treble, small stakes, and Hamilton/Inverness win draw/Dunfermline, even smaller stakes as cover. I'm not too confident and it's probably best to keep cash for Saturday's games, cup malarkey and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I hate betting on the FA cup, something always goes wrong, and an underdog almost always pops through..

jameshayes wrote: »
    I hate betting on the FA cup, something always goes wrong, and an underdog almost always pops through..
    That's why I like it. It can be worth laying the favourites. They field a few reserves and the underdogs sometimes park the bus in front of goal and just try get a replay for the dosh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jasus, I must pay more attention to kick off times, I thought they were evening games! :o

Mike.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Me too, looks like saving me money though.
    Can start thinking about an evening bet now i suppose ...:)

True I'd not be winning anything as things stand.

Mike.

I have Dundee @ +2.5 goals @ 2.02

They are winning 4-1 with 2 mins to go - your bet is probably safe :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

is i dundee utd or dundee?

Dundee Utd....

4-1 and 3 Red cards!!! Wouldn't mind seeing the highlights of that game

paulizei wrote: »

Mine tomorrow, singles and a treble.

Aberdeen v Inverness CT. (Aberdeen @ 4/5, great home record and a class above Inverness).
    Hamilton v Queen of South. (Hamilton @ 8/15, 1 or 2 nil, plastic pitch nobody else can play on properly.)
    Livingston v Dunfermline. (Dunfermline @ 6/4, new manager, good players starting to play).
    Get in. Hamilton won 1-0 as I expected but I didn't do any CS. Typical. Didn't do singles either. but a win is a win.

Well done.

I'm cogging your bets from now on! :p

Mike.

Get in. Hamilton won 1-0 as I expected but I didn't do any CS. Typical. Didn't do singles either. but a win is a win.

that must be at least 7-1! very nice!

mike65 wrote: »
    Well done.

I'm cogging your bets from now on! :p

Mike.
    Cheers, welcome to a world of pain so. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

I have a 5 team accum with 4 up and €242 going on to City at 2/1, what should i look at to cover some of the bet? advice greatly appreciated as i am the normal joe soap who just does the norm staight accum.

Aberdeen - Up
    Dundee Utd - Up
    Hamilton - Up
    Dunfermline - Up
    Man City - XXX

that must be at least 7-1! very nice!
    Yep, ta, sod the small stakes I thought (probably due to too much coffee) so I put 50 on plus 10 for insurance treble in case Inverness got something. About 350 return.

:(

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

jacky - i guess the obvious answer is to back newcastle +1. they are 2/7 so perhaps 140 on it, meaning if it comes you should make a small profit (after getting your original stake back (20euro was it)
    obv praying for a city win though - giving you 700 or so - (which if you take away the 140 and stake is still a nice sum - but depends how much you want to cover yourself)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

im backin valencia - real madrid and bolton - about 5/4 bet
    derby have been a hard team to get past recently - but i like boltons form

I'm thinking if they start Anelka/Torres/Santa Cruz anytime 13/2

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

semibluff wrote: »
    jacky - i guess the obvious answer is to back newcastle +1. they are 2/7 so perhaps 140 on it, meaning if it comes you should make a small profit (after getting your original stake back (20euro was it)
    obv praying for a city win though - giving you 700 or so - (which if you take away the 140 and stake is still a nice sum - but depends how much you want to cover yourself)

Yes have €20 on it. Just put €140 on newcastle & draw at 1/3 so worse case i will win around €26 and cover the bet, obv that €730 would be nice:) leaving me with a tidy profit of €570 if it comes up.

cheers semi

I have a 5 team accum with 4 up and €242 going on to City at 2/1, what should i look at to cover some of the bet? advice greatly appreciated as i am the normal joe soap who just does the norm staight accum.

Aberdeen - Up
    Dundee Utd - Up
    Hamilton - Up
    Dunfermline - Up
    Man City - XXX
    I would have left City out to be honest,since the other games are already finished. Very tough to call. Newcastle are improving a bit and are tough at home. City have problems away but I like their defence and Ireland and Elano can be matchwinners.

If City win, you're on for a whopping 725 so decide now what minimum return you'd like. I'd be happy with initial stake plus 50 back but that's up to yourself.

Eg. 325 on Newcastle win/draw @2/7 = 420 return if it wins, 400 return if City win.

Alternatively, sweat it out and do some ingame betting, if City go one up, back a Newcastle win/draw at the better odds immediately so you get a decent minimum return no matter what the result is.

Forget I posted this if City win easily. :eek:

semibluff wrote: »
    V.good advice.
    Yes have €20 on it. Just put €140 on newcastle & draw at 1/3 so worse case i will win around €26 and cover the bet, obv that €730 would be nice leaving me with a tidy profit of €570 if it comes up.

cheers semi
    That's the ticket. Good luck.

That's why I like it. It can be worth laying the favourites. They field a few reserves and the underdogs sometimes park the bus in front of goal and just try get a replay for the dosh.
    This is even more true of Italian and Spanish cups. See today's Barcelona result. I had nothing on it mind, I thought it was on later ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

I'm going with an optimistic fiver on Derby and Man City double for tonight.

If derby don't lose - i've giving up backin soccer for a week!!!! and will be adding bolton to the list of teams never to bet on.

Bolton and Espanyol both to win -

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

My treble for tonight, hopefully can keep the run going:

1 Blackburn v Sunderland - Over/Under 2.5 goals (Backing Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.87)
    2 Newcastle v Man City - Over/Under 1.5 Goals (Backing Over 1.5 Goals @ 1.42)
    3 Liverpool v Wigan - Over/Under 3.5 Goals (Backing Under 3.5 Goals @ 1.5)

30 @ 3.96 on Betfair

Also a small chuck on:

Bentley to score at anytime @ 3.7

Good luck all :cool:

• Advertisement

Liverpool playing with 5 man midfield and Torres up front on his own. No Kuyt, a good thing as he's rubbish.

Advertisement