Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan 1st/2nd Football

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

semibluff wrote: »
    sweet - wp

thankfully you were too late for the poker tournie in drogh (we'd a nice overlay!)

Yeah was up in the other place getting my aces cracked so thought i would still have time to get in, introduce yourself the next time your up there so i can put a face to the name.

Who won by the way?

P.S Back on Topic before i get me ass kicked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭paulizei

Might as well include tonight's couple of games here.

Zaragoza v Pontevedra.

Pontevedra lead 1-0 from the first leg so they'll play with everyone behind the ball, hitting Zaragoza on the break. Unlike most of the other big clubs, Zaragoza have a have a good copa del rey record, but their league form is terrible and they have Real Madrid on Sunday so I'm hoping they'll be focused on that and will opt to give a few reserves and youngsters a run out. Waiting for team selection news.

Pontevedra +2.
    Over 3.5 and CS 2-0, 3-0, to Zaragoza for insurance.

Not sure about Almeria v Levante yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I have a double on both games to be +2.5 goals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'll follow these bets with interest!

Mike.

Zaragoza seem to be putting out a good team. Yer man Oliveira is dangerous. Almeria Levante looks like unders. Levante will defend their lead from the first leg. Nether score much. Small unders Zaragoza 2-0 CS double to cover main Pontevedra bet. Could be completely wrong. :(

• Advertisement

Pontevedra one up. This is good. I have some maths to do.

3-1 to Zaragoza in the 92nd minute. Down a few quid but worth a try. If anyone followed this I hope youse traded out at about HT to cover this sort of result. :o

Toluca ftw later I think.

I bottled the interliga games for the time being until I find more info.

Only two games of interest tonight so I'll plonk them here. Academica v Braga in the Portuguese league and Lens v Niort in the French cup.

Academica have lost their best defender and are fighting to avoid relegation, while Braga are at full strength and will be going for a win to keep in touch with the top teams. Braga's manager used to manage Academica but at the beginning of the season so he knows all about their players. Academica will probably play defensively and hope to scrape a point.

Braga 2-0 CS @ 9/1
    Braga Draw no bet @ 8/13
    Small 0-0 CS.

Lens v Niort. 1st division v 2nd division clash. Lens are decent at home and according to my info, they're taking the cup seriously. Away from home Niort can only manage to get results against teams lower than them in the league. No handicap on PP so I'm going for Lens HT/FT @ 11/10 and CS 1-0 and 2-0.

It may be a misread, but it seems the top continental teams don't take thier domestic Cups very seriously at all.

Mike.

mike65 wrote: »
    It may be a misread, but it seems the top continental teams don't take thier domestic Cups very seriously at all.

Mike.
    The league cup in France isn't taken seriously, but I've heard from someone who's pretty good on French football that their FA cup is reasonably important to some teams. It can still be worth laying favourites, especially if it appears thaT they'll put out a reserve side, but the Lens game is live on french telly so they're sort of obliged to avoid any humiliation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

paulizei wrote: »
    but the Lens game is live on french telly so they're sort of obliged to avoid any humiliation.

Pity Liverpool dont think that way!

The MOTD editor on his blog talks about why they did'nt pick Luton-Liverpool, but it is on SKY.

Mike.

mike65 wrote: »
    The MOTD editor on his blog talks about why they did'nt pick Luton-Liverpool, but it is on SKY.

Mike.
    I thought Sky got to pick one cup game so they picked that one or something.

I ended up doing a couple of wee doubles that seem plausible enough.

Lens 3 - 0
    Braga 2 - 0
    95/1

Lens 2 - 0
    Braga 2 - 0
    65/1

Braga starts a bit later so if either Lens result is correct, hopefully I can do a bit of ingame stuff to guarantee a return.

Niort 1 up. What a pity.

paulizei wrote: »
    I bottled the interliga games for the time being until I find more info.

Only two games of interest tonight so I'll plonk them here. Academica v Braga in the Portuguese league and Lens v Niort in the French cup.

Academica have lost their best defender and are fighting to avoid relegation, while Braga are at full strength and will be going for a win to keep in touch with the top teams. Braga's manager used to manage Academica but at the beginning of the season so he knows all about their players. Academica will probably play defensively and hope to scrape a point.

Braga 2-0 CS @ 9/1
    Braga Draw no bet @ 8/13
    Small 0-0 CS.

Lens v Niort. 1st division v 2nd division clash. Lens are decent at home and according to my info, they're taking the cup seriously. Away from home Niort can only manage to get results against teams lower than them in the league. No handicap on PP so I'm going for Lens HT/FT @ 11/10 and CS 1-0 and 2-0.
    I was rather off here. The Braga game was mental, tottenhamesque defending and injury time equaliser but I'm up a bit.

The Lens game reminded me that I think I'll stay away from all but 2 or 3 cup games tomorrow. :o

Advertisement