Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing networks

Options
  • 30-12-2007 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

I have a sony ericsson k800i vodafone phone, but would like to change to meteor, however meteor said i need a meteor SIM card but when i tried my brothers meteor SIM which is also vodafone, it didnt work. any idea's how to get around this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

mchurl wrote: »
    but when i tried my brothers meteor SIM which is also vodafone, it didnt work.

Wha?

Yep you need a meteor SIM and your 'vodafone' phone has to be unlocked to use it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

mchurl wrote: »
    I have a sony ericsson k800i vodafone phone, but would like to change to meteor, however meteor said i need a meteor SIM card but when i tried my brothers meteor SIM which is also vodafone, it didnt work. any idea's how to get around this?

to reiterate what god's toy said, wha?

your sim is either meteor or vodafone, it can't be both. if its red its a vodafone sim, if its orange its a meteor sim. i think you might mean that its a meteor sim with an 087 number on it but that means nothing. its a meteor sim and vodafone aren't involved in any way

in answer to your question, yes you need a meteor sim. go into a meteor shop with your phone and say you want to move to meteor. they'll give you a new meteor sim with your number on it and you'll no longer be on vodafone. make sure they copy your phone book to the new sim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

to reiterate what god's toy said, wha?

your sim is either meteor or vodafone, it can't be both. if its red its a vodafone sim, if its orange its a meteor sim. i think you might mean that its a meteor sim with an 087 number on it but that means nothing. its a meteor sim and vodafone aren't involved in any way

in answer to your question, yes you need a meteor sim. go into a meteor shop with your phone and say you want to move to meteor. they'll give you a new meteor sim with your number on it and you'll no longer be on vodafone. make sure they copy your phone book to the new sim

Sorry for not being but that is exactly it, i have a meteor SIM card with an 087 number.

The only problem now is that my phone will not accept the new SIMcard, as it is a vodafone. I am wondering how to solve this problem. Do i ring up vodafone and ask them to solve it for me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'll have a bash ...

You have a Meteor SIM and a phone which only takes Vodafone SIM cards?

Option 1 - You could port (move from one network to another) from Meteor to Vodafone (you will lose any offers, credit, anything with Meteor). Vodafone will take care of this option for you.

Option 2 - Get the unlocking code off Vodafone. Generally they'll require you've topped up about €150 and that you do an Irish Jig for them before they give it out.

Option 3 - Alternatively, go down one of those shady back streets in Dublin (or even Moore St) and get your phone unlocked for about €15.

If what I've said seems to be what you need to do then please refer to this thread for further questions about unlocking: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=304061

Otherwise please attempt to explain it a 3rd time and we'll get the feds computer division in to decipher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

random wrote: »
    I'll have a bash ...

You have a Meteor SIM and a phone which only takes Vodafone SIM cards?

Option 1 - You could port (move from one network to another) from Meteor to Vodafone (you will lose any offers, credit, anything with Meteor). Vodafone will take care of this option for you.

Option 2 - Get the unlocking code off Vodafone. Generally they'll require you've topped up about €150 and that you do an Irish Jig for them before they give it out.

Option 3 - Alternatively, go down one of those shady back streets in Dublin (or even Moore St) and get your phone unlocked for about €15.

If what I've said seems to be what you need to do then please refer to this thread for further questions about unlocking: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=304061

Otherwise please attempt to explain it a 3rd time and we'll get the feds computer division in to decipher.

Thats it perfectly, cheers for all the help, il think il try option 2 then 3 as a back up.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 bejasis123

Bring you fone to a meteor shop because with the competition out there they will change your fone for free

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

bejasis123 wrote: »
    Bring you fone to a meteor shop because with the competition out there they will change your fone for free

Im sure the OP is ok now, as it was 3 and half years ago!

Closed - dont bump old threads please

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement