Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PDF Editor

• 30-12-2007 7:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭

Hi

can anyone let me know if there's a Free software to edit PDF's and that can be saved to PDF or be printed. I searched but could not find anything.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ComputerNerd

dont think you can edit a pdf document

that cutepdf writer will add a new virtual printer to your system, when you goto file and print and select the cutepdf printer a window will pop up asking you where you want the new pdf file saved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

dont think you can edit a pdf document

You can edit PDF documents....OP the only thing I could find for free was PDFedit which runs on Unix/Linux it also comes with Cygwin so it remains an option if you can install Cygwin. Adobe Acrobat Pro allows editing of PDFs as well but it's not free so this rules it out for you.

Is there a reason you can't just edit the original document and then recreate the PDF file?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭tech

I persume you have no access to the original documnets?? if not Adobe pro is ine of the onl options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

As a couple have said above, printing PDF's is free, pdfprinter being one open-source example. Editing will cost ya. You could use a trial version of Foxit Pro if you just need to get out of a bind.

Otherwise I'd reccomend foxit over Adobe Acrobat anyday. Less resource intensive, debatably more stable and cheaper.

Bear in mind that not all PDF's are created equal and that you might not be able to edit the PDF as you would wish.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

another option is to OCR the pdf back in again and edit the new file

If you have office 2003 or higher you can use the microsoft document imaging printer to generate a .MDI or .TIF file and then use the option in microsoft office tool to send it to microsoft word.

freeware alternative is to use pdfcreator from sourceforge to print to .TIF and then a freeware like simpleOCR to import it in again

messy

anyone know a free app to join pdf's to form a single file ?

Advertisement