Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chairmen selling your players!

Options
  • 30-12-2007 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Anyone else slightly annoyed with this? For the past 3 seasons with celtic i have been reaching semis - final of cl yet each year my money hungry chairman decides to cash in on my brightest prospects- lulinha- saivet etc.

Although i realise getting 35m+ is very tempting for these guys, its foolish trying to achieve anything with sub standard club s if this is how the chairmen behave even when i have tons of money already in the bank cause the only players that would improve the team don't want to move.

Same thing happened with my juventus team also recently, like wtf since when did juve become a feeder club?It does my wick in and is putting me off the whole idea of trying to play with underated sides.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,362 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Well, how good are your finances? If you are operating well within your wage budget and have a very healthy bank balance that increases naturally (i.e. profitability is not dependent on bonuses for winning trophies) your chairmen will have little reason to take big money and will not interfere with you rejecting big money advances for key players.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

The finances were fine as i never really got around to spending my transfer budgets since no world class players wanted to come to scotland :mad:. Regarding the wage bill, i was under it but about 100k so i doubt that it would influence anything like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭D.V.S.

you're right, in FM 07 at United the chairman accepted a 12M offer from Milan for Kusczak, and I had a gigantor of a bank balance at the time... Happens to the best of us! It is annoying though, better not happen to my high flying Nottm Forest side in FM08...

Advertisement