Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weirdest moment in Pes08 so far

Options
  • 30-12-2007 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

So, i was playing a game vs my brother the other day and he got a free kick just inside my half and then this happened.

He tried to take it quickly and walloped it off one of his players heads and it went out for a throw but the game continued no throw was given.So,instead of a throw in he got the ball outside the touchline and crossed it in and scored :mad:

Anyone else have any weird moments playing pes 08 like this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Ha what a fault in the game, I wish that would happen to me!

I scored a goal. Thing is, the ball went like a metre wide! I just sat with mouth hanging open looking at the reply for about ten minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Doffaldinho

The Bouncing Ball Glitch was in for me, Took a free kick and in got messy in the box with everyone scrapping for it, Eventually it got headred up and onto the crossbar and got stuck in the bouncing glitch for about 2 minutes just going up and down on the crossbar :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Tottenham scored a goal against me which I had no recollection of.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

BrightEyes wrote: »
    Tottenham scored a goal against me which I had no recollection of.

Are you sure that wasn't the booze and not the game afterall?:rolleyes:

Are you sure that wasn't the booze and not the game afterall?:rolleyes:

Hardly! It's Tottenham ;D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭coghlac3

Played a network game only an hour ago, went 2 up in ten mins... then bak to two all on the hour. Five mins left I score what I thought was the winner, until the commentator announced that I had just equalised.... Game finished 2 all, I got ripped off.

Won in extra time tho, phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Ballboy

The Bouncing Ball Glitch was in for me, Took a free kick and in got messy in the box with everyone scrapping for it, Eventually it got headred up and onto the crossbar and got stuck in the bouncing glitch for about 2 minutes just going up and down on the crossbar :(

Haha yeah that same thing happened to me.. Took a corner and jus landed on the bar the bounced there for ages.. All the players were jumping up to try get it and running into the post.. Hilarious!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Online lag on 360, i have the ball with Rio in my box and Torres slides in, the game stops, Rio is 1v1 with Reina at the other end of the pitch and i score...

Nothing happens, soon enough all outfield players are in the goal sliding for the ball and Reina keeps diving to make saves...

Game disconnects. Hilarious though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

I was playing a mate, he had a fk just outside the box. He got it up over the wall but just outside the post but the goal was given! It was clear in the replay it went wide.

i scored from my own half with cannavaro with the long pass button,

was an online friendly my little cousin started, but he had to go with about 30mins left, i was in the middle of something else but didnt want to quit on the opponent, so tried to 2 things at once, so towards the end i really needed both my hands and i had the ball with cannavaro and i skinned a player and from the edge of the circle in my half i aimed up towards the sideline and just held down the circle button to boot it out of play, instead it went down the pitch and over the goalie before bouncing into the net!....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Nothing too crazy - playing it last night and scored from a deflected shot from outside the box. My mate took the shot, I had switched to a player in a clear offside position who chested it in the opposite direction to the original shot, keeper started scrambling for the ball, he caught it on the line and I just ran into him and pushed him into the net. Offside, foul, goal. Sweet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

My weirdest moment was when I was playing online. Was drawing nil all in stoppage time so I just took a shot from just inside my own half, keeper went to catch it easily into his chest but the keeper jumped and it went straight through his legs.:p

This happens the whole time, take a shot, hit's off keeper, hits off defender. And then goes on to roll in at two miles an hour while the team just look at the stupid yoke, Jaysus!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

SantryRed wrote: »
    My weirdest moment was when I was playing online. Was drawing nil all in stoppage time so I just took a shot from just inside my own half, keeper went to catch it easily into his chest but the keeper jumped and it went straight through his legs.:p

your cant shoot inside your own half

you can hit clearance
    or you can use O to long ball it

but you cant shoot inside your own half

• Registered Users Posts: 16,763 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

One or two weird ones

Scored a goal with Kuyt, he ran into the net, turned around and kept running into the post then complaining to the ref arms out....kept repeating running in the post, it went on for ages.

The other day the ball got caught under the feet of my striker and my mates keeper in the box, was there for ages (20-30 seconds). Neither of us could touch the ball, until the CPU player came in a hacked me out of it and I got a pen.

If you take a tipoff and run directly north towards the left wing (playing left to right) you'll bump into the ref most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

stupid ref, cost me so many goals from one of my players bumping into him, losing possession etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I was playing a game on Master League, I was Seville playing against AEK and I scored a late winner with Kershekov (spelling?), and all of a sudden during the celebration he was wearing a Bayern Munich jersey, and Rivaldo came over and celebrated with me! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

haha brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

I tried to switch the ball to the other wing last night, but over hit it towards the corner....The ball hit the corner flag, and outta nowhere, it cuts to my keeper who dove and tipped the ball off the post and out it bounced for a corner....Next thing i know, its me who has the corner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I've given up playing online now.
    Servers are so bad.
    I'm now playing Fifa instead when i want to play a online football game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Was plying my master league last night. Was 10 points clear with 5 games left, went DLD and the players were celebrating after the second loss, even though the gap was reduced to 2 points and i had to play 2nd placed team in the last game :o

two mates playin last night

a penalty off the crossbar and bounced on the line 3 times before bouncing OVER the post, hitting the top of the net, falling behind the goal line into the net and the game counted it as a GOAL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

I've just after having the weirdest one of all time.

I was playing ML against Comp. I took a corner the comp cleared to just the edge of the box & gained possesion & started to try to break. So I looked at my radar thing to see were my players were. Suddenly I notice there is no marker on the radar for my goalkeeper. Then I notice a marker thing that's way too near the touchline. I pause the game & replay it too see what is going on & would you belive the goalkeeper is actually off the pitch past the adevertisments standing there with all the photographers. When I replayed it back fully I could see him moving off the pitch & into the stadium. But he didnt run or walk there he just glided there.

Me not being able to concentrate because of this the other team manage to get up to my goal area & they put the ball into the empty net.

Freaky or what eh?

tdv wrote: »
    . But he didnt run or walk there he just glided there.

That gliding happens alot to me, ref did it last night and some of the players do it when walking of the pitch at halftime or fulltime.

Advertisement