Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help setting up my wireless router

Options
  • 30-12-2007 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

i bought an edimax br-6204wg, and i can't get it to work with my computer, my computer is connected directly to it, (i bought it because im buying a laptop soon,) so i wanted to have it all ready for the laptop, im using ice broadband, and its wireless broadband, and im using visa, and my computer is an hp pavilion, any one that can help me i would be thankfull, anthony

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

tony1212 wrote: »
    i bought an edimax br-6204wg, and i can't get it to work with my computer, my computer is connected directly to it, (i bought it because im buying a laptop soon,) so i wanted to have it all ready for the laptop, im using ice broadband, and its wireless broadband, and im using visa, and my computer is an hp pavilion, any one that can help me i would be thankfull, anthony

What do you mean it's connected to your computer?wirelessly or cable?Was there an installation disc with it and does vista pick up a wireless signal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

well when its connected from the router to the back of the computer, i cant connect to the inter net, it just says local, and limited connectivity, so now im just using the modem that ice provided, do u think i should buy a linksys router instead,

Advertisement