Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW M6 - 194 mph on the autobahn

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

That is so bloody dangerous. I know theres no speed limit on the Autobahn but could he not be done for dangerous driving ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Except that in this case the driver doesn't just *think* he's a racing driver ... he IS one :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans-Joachim_Stuck

EDIT
    As he also is on a contract with BMW (most of the time), I would suspect that BMW was involved in making this clip.

So if you think this is dangerous and irresponsible ...please don't buy a BMW as a means of protest :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

jimbo78 wrote: »
    That is so bloody dangerous. I know theres no speed limit on the Autobahn but could he not be done for dangerous driving ?

I did a shade over 105mph in a 1.2 Clio on the autobahn. Id feel safer doing 194 in a m6 tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

maidhc wrote: »
    I did a shade over 105mph in a 1.2 Clio on the autobahn. !

Meh , I did that in mine on the M50 before it was made a building site.:)

Ive done 130mph in my car when I was young and stupid, but Im not proud of it now. I cant imagine 194 in any car, with any driver, would be safe with all that traffic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

psh .. i was doing 180-190 kph for around 150 km on the Autobahn today and that was the reading off the sat nav, the Speedo on the dash was showing between 200 and 210 :D

Thats quite slow though, there were people passing me out like i was standing still.

Kph ≠ Mph :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭afatbollix

ive been in a car doing 130mph down a single lane track in cork.... ;)

anto-t wrote: »
    ive been in a car doing 130mph down a single lane track in cork.... ;)

Bloody Dubs coming down and driving like psychos on our roads.:mad: Is the M50 not good enough for ya??

Kph ≠ Mph :rolleyes:

"autobahn" = nudge, nudge ;);)

• Advertisement

maidhc wrote: »
    "autobahn" = nudge, nudge ;);)

= :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Bloody Dubs coming down and driving like psychos on our roads.:mad: Is the M50 not good enough for ya??
    well to be honest it was a closed road... but it was a 1.6 civic with a few saftey things added

but it was fun :D:D:D

and the m50 is a car park... ive used it once ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

I didn't think it was dangerous, he was obviously in control, it was awesome how fast it dropped speed though.

If you want to see some real dangerous driving, look at this,
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3134924066475482344&q=m5+rs4&total=375&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Pete4779

No because he did nothing dangerous and everyone on it knows the rules, knows that if you drive slow don't use the left lane, if don't have a full license you don't get to even go near a car on your own and it's got the same accident rate as our limited roads.

There are areas with limits and those without. He didn't cause any accidents or problems for anybody - Germany isn't the police state that the UK, Ireland are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I believe his point is that Germany use kph. But the guy in the video did say mph !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

CyberGhost wrote: »
    I didn't think it was dangerous, he was obviously in control, it was awesome how fast it dropped speed though.

If you want to see some real dangerous driving, look at this,
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3134924066475482344&q=m5+rs4&total=375&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Jaysus, heart in mouth stuff there.

nah, my point is an "autobahn" is any road where there isn't a speed camera! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Shamrogue

The stuff the guy in the mondeo does in this. He goes through gaps that just arnt there! Crazy stuff
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbAk1ci6D0w

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

It can be done easily on m50 but its a bit too dangerous.One wrong move and you wont be doing it again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

drdre wrote: »
    It can be done easily on m50 but its a bit too dangerous.One wrong move and you wont be doing it again :)

Your having a laugh! 194 on the M50 with all the overtaking lane hoggers, You barely get to do the speed limit on that road at the best of times.

• Advertisement

Your having a laugh! 194 on the M50 with all the overtaking lane hoggers, You barely get to do the speed limit on that road at the best of times.

No im serious, What car are you driving,is it a 500cc :)

No im serious, What car are you driving,is it a 500cc :)

I'm sure you are.......wake up and have your cornflakes.

I'm sure you are.......wake up and have your cornflakes.
    Yep i had coco pops today.Im not saying all of the M50,There are some parts you can do the 194 on where there is a straight road.It is possible, I wont want to go into anymore details :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

This is pathetic. Germany's Autobahns with no speed limit have been shown in the most recent German Government study to be no more dangerous than those with a speed limit. In any event, can the anti speed lobby please explain to me why Germany's Autobahns(half of which still don't have a speed limit btw) have an accident rate of not even 1/2 the rate it is here, yet our speed limits are only 120 km/h?

(the link shows the number of deaths per vehicle billion kilometres(in 2005), Deutschland=Germany, Irland =Ireland, "Alle Straßen"=all roads, AADT is the same in both languages, and Tempolimit= speed limit).

@the OP, have you ever travelled faster than the speed limit of 120 km/h before?

I have travelled at speeds as high as 180 km/h on German Autobahns and I can tell you it to be true that it is not nearly as bad as you make it out to be. You actually make progress when you hit the ton as it's called in old money(160 km/h or 100 mph). Only when you go beyond 160 km/h does it actually feel fast.

And if you watch the video at the end, you will hear the other driver in the Z4 who is clearly a Yank, so the reason why they're using mph is because this programme was made for American TV.

Here is an M6 doing 332 km/h or 206 mph according to the GPS.

,There are some parts you can do the 194 on where there is a straight road.It is possible, I wont want to go into anymore details :)

Is it called Fantasy Land? You've trying to tell us you know someone that done 312kmph on the M50. Your full of it :rolleyes:

Is it called Fantasy Land? You've trying to tell us you know someone that done 312kmph on the M50. Your full of it :rolleyes:

No i haven't said that,You have made it up. I know someone who has done close to that,And its true.

No i haven't said that,You have made it up. I know someone who has done close to that,And its true.

Sure you have.FFS

I think gullible is wrote on the ceiling....What an ejjit

FYI

gullible

adjective
    1. naive and easily deceived or tricked; "at that early age she had been gullible and in love" [syn: fleeceable]
    2. easily tricked because of being too trusting; "gullible tourists taken in by the shell game"

I don't believe it either. What car was it?

Probably this*

55029353.JPG

* This car was spotted doing doughnuts a few months ago

• Advertisement

Probably this*

55029353.JPG

* This car was spotted doing doughnuts a few months ago
    LOL!

Advertisement