Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

street fighter hf help

Options
  • 30-12-2007 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

Got this game for the 360 on live pretty fun, but i keep getting my ass handed to me, i play mainly with ryu can do his hydaoen, and kick but the dragon punch is very very hard, also can some give me some help on combos, heard guile is very good to play with but i find his kick very very hard to do and can only do the sonic boom sometimes. Watched a few vids on youtube about screen control etc etc, but didnt do that much to improve me. So can someone give me a few pointers I cant even complete the game on the easiest setting :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Can't really give much help as it's all about practice. However, no character is better than another, it's all down to the player. Stick with one character you like and get as good as possible with it. Learning combos are hard but stick with it and you'll get them eventually.

Watch David Sirlin's tutorial videos on youtube
    here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

The Xbox controller does not help either. It's d-pad is absolutely atrocious!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,413 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Definitely get a better controller. If you can't lay down a wall of fireballs or pull off a dragon punch on demand then you might as well give up. The 360 controller is pathetic for SF2. Other than that it's practice. Try gamefaqs for strategy but these will be useless until you get a decent controller with a decent d-pad and 6 face buttons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

looks like i needa invest in a fighting stick the hori one looks the job ill keep ya updated ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

i dunno, I find the xbox pad fine, it was a little akward at first but after some practice it's fine and considering you didn't learn how to play on any other controller you really shouldn't notice that much of a difference.

I would start of with Ryu/Ken and learn them inside out strengths and weakness's read the game faq's and watch some video's on you tube.

But remember a lot of users on live are lifeless bums and they own at one game and that's SF and usually put in a hell of lot of hours.

gl

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,413 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

ntlbell wrote: »
    i dunno, I find the xbox pad fine, it was a little akward at first but after some practice it's fine and considering you didn't learn how to play on any other controller you really shouldn't notice that much of a difference.

Take it from someone who was playing Street Fighter 2 for years, it's horrendous. It's just like the Playstation controller for these games and I got pretty good with that. It may seem sufficient but it will always let you down and be inconsistent when pulling of special moves under pressure. The secret to SF2 is not losing your cool which is impossible when you have a controller that will fail you randomly when you need it most.

I'd recommend the Hori joysticks and gamepads, most serious fighting game players swear by them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

well at this point i cant get through the single player in ANY difficulty :(

j0e wrote: »
    well at this point i cant get through the single player in ANY difficulty :(

Single player on the xbox live version of the game is notorious for being far too difficult for even experienced SF2 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Take it from someone who was playing Street Fighter 2 for years, it's horrendous. It's just like the Playstation controller for these games and I got pretty good with that. It may seem sufficient but it will always let you down and be inconsistent when pulling of special moves under pressure. The secret to SF2 is not losing your cool which is impossible when you have a controller that will fail you randomly when you need it most.

I'd recommend the Hori joysticks and gamepads, most serious fighting game players swear by them.

I understand, I also played from SF I in the arcade and I'm still pretty active a bit sad.

my point was really that he hasn't played or learned on any other joypad so he really shouldn't notice that much of a problem I can play on 360 now with the xbox pad as good as any other and at the level the OP will be playing he should be ok.

but I agree they're are better pads/sticks

I think it would be much better to start with a decent gamepad. The special moves are actually extremely easy to pull off and really shouldn't be as tough to pull off as they are on the 360 pad. At least he isn't trying to use a gamecube controller, it's a disgrace for SF2 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Where have all the good 3rd-party pads gone? :(

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I recommend X-Arcade sticks. There expensive but have a lifetime warranty. I find them excellent all round. Love playing the Street Fighter series with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I think it would be much better to start with a decent gamepad. The special moves are actually extremely easy to pull off and really shouldn't be as tough to pull off as they are on the 360 pad. At least he isn't trying to use a gamecube controller, it's a disgrace for SF2 :)

I dont agree at all, I love SF2 on 360, havent got a hori stick meself but the positioning of the analogue stick is great I think, I never use the DPad like I would have on the Snes as, like you said, the D Pad is **** on 360!

I played SF2 for years, in the arcades originally (on the mitch to play it!) and on my Snes when it came out....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

havent seen a decent pad for 360, i ws thinking of getting this so i can use my ps2 hori sticks http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-eq-49-en-70-2c8a.html

kdjac

Advertisement