Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

8K to spend on a used car

Options
  • 30-12-2007 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

I have 8k to spend on a used car. I aim to buy one in the next few months. I am looking for a saloon car with a 1.6 max ( feckin insurance). A saloon as the space would be handy and it would be safer. Will be just for myself i.e not a family car.

I'd say I would be looking at 2002/2003 range. The Corolla is so overprice so I am not going to consider it. The Megane looks a decent buy. But what do ye think would be a good car to go for??

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Just for your information insurance isnt much more on a bigger engined car. I was going to go for a 1.6 max because of insurance but I have done a few quotes for a 1.9 diesel and its actually less in some cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Who is your insurer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Thanks for that. That is worth checking out so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

BFassassin wrote: »
    Just for your information insurance isnt much more on a bigger engined car. I was going to go for a 1.6 max because of insurance but I have done a few quotes for a 1.9 diesel and its actually less in some cases.

QFT My insurance has barely varied in the last couple of years between a 1.9tdi and the 2.8 petrol i now drive. This wasn't always the case but it certainly is now in most cases.

€8k on a car is a nice lump. You could get the value from every inch of that budget if you forget the old chestnuts, especially if you're looking for a saloon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

cantdecide wrote: »

€8k on a car is a nice lump. You could get the value from every inch of that budget if you forget the old chestnuts, especially if you're looking for a saloon.

What does that mean?

• Advertisement
Advertisement