Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 250 + Car Charging

• 30-12-2007 10:40pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

I could have sworn I came across this problem here before, but I cant seem to find it. Basically, the Garmin 250 wont run when being charged in the car. DID claim its a fault and will have to get it replaced / repaired.

Now, I could have sworn it worked first time. I just charged it over USB while working on updating the software.

Unless, some setting has been switched on that im not aware of?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

well my Nuvi 350 works without any problems using the car charger. I am not aware of any where in the settings that refers to car charging though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

I had the same problem. It displayed the computer connection icon when I connected it to the car. Rang Garmin. They told me it was a fault in the USB port. I sent it away to their Service Dept. and it came back 8 days later fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,739 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Am actually haveing an issue with a nuvi 610 charging in the car as well. It doesnt!
    It charges of the USB connected to a PC all right. My cigarette lighter is working fine as well. I know it did briefly charge from the socket but not in a few days now.
    May just give them a call.
    Kippy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

kippy wrote: »
    Am actually haveing an issue with a nuvi 610 charging in the car as well. It doesnt!
    It charges of the USB connected to a PC all right. My cigarette lighter is working fine as well. I know it did briefly charge from the socket but not in a few days now.
    May just give them a call.
    Kippy

Fuse is probably gone in it. Halfords have replacement fuses :o

Advertisement