Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite XBMC skin?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

I would type "XBMC skins" into Goolge and see what comes back.

Cross-over for direct connection. If you're using router in between you can use standard CAT5 cable at both ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Does anyone have links to skins for the latest version of xbmc, all the skins I download appear to be incompatble with my version. I have rev 1091 of the vision skin but it doesnt work. The links posted earlier in this thread are no longer working.

Thanks

The latest version from BlackMarket Skins are here.

You can download and compile your own skins using a Subversion SVN client like Tortoise SVN.
    Install it and make a new folder some where on your PC. Then right-click on the folder and do SVN checkout and point to the path where the SVN version of your XBMC skins are.

MC360: https://xboxmediacenter.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xboxmediacenter/MC360/

Basics-101: https://xboxmediacenter.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xboxmediacenter/Basics-101/

Xbox-Classic: https://xboxmediacenter.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xboxmediacenter/Xbox-Classic/

XTV: https://xboxmediacenter.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xboxmediacenter/xTV/

Basics-Vision: https://xboxmediacenter.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xboxmediacenter/Basics-Vision/

Thanks

I got the basic vision skin, it's very nice.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I'm selling one of these xbox with XBMC installed and with about 500 old arcade games on it.

Willing to sell it for 100euro and 10euro more if you need a remote control.

let me know if you are interested, I'm in dublin 3 area.

my email is xbmc.dublin@gmail.com

Firstly:
    Depending on the size of the hard drive, 100 quid could be a bit of a knock off.
    Is it a standard hard drive? If so, how does 20euro and a bit of time modding and downloading add up to 100euro?

Secondly:
    I know its true for adverts.ie, (not sure about boards but I guess its similar) that you cant advertise your email when selling goods. Nor can you sell modded consoles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Firstly:
    Depending on the size of the hard drive, 100 quid could be a bit of a knock off.
    Is it a standard hard drive? If so, how does 20euro and a bit of time modding and downloading add up to 100euro?

Secondly:
    I know its true for adverts.ie, (not sure about boards but I guess its similar) that you cant advertise your email when selling goods. Nor can you sell modded consoles.

Quick off the ball there black_knight.... that post was from almost 3 months ago!

Don't be expecting an answer to your questions anytime soon seeing as the poster has already been banned.

And also in his defense xboxs were not being sold for E20 in january.

Its surprisingly polished looking for a homebrew app(or dash whatever it is). It looks as good as anything that youd be paying big bucks for.

I got the MS HD component pack from eBay and it finishes off XBMC nicely.
    Running in 720p with default skin looks very slick, with xTV or Visions it looks unreal!!

Recommended if you can find the cables on eBay.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Quick off the ball there black_knight.... that post was from almost 3 months ago!

Don't be expecting an answer to your questions anytime soon seeing as the poster has already been banned.

And also in his defense xboxs were not being sold for E20 in january.

Well sorrrry. I should of noticed the massive sign saying this post was posted in January. Just showing im still human after all.
    And I generally check have people been banned or not before commenting on their posts etc etc. so this one must of got by me.
    Back to the Skins topic anyways.

ongarite wrote: »
    I got the MS HD component pack from eBay and it finishes off XBMC nicely.
    Running in 720p with default skin looks very slick, with xTV or Visions it looks unreal!!

Recommended if you can find the cables on eBay.

I got the component pack but can't find the tutorial for doing the mod to change to 720p. Would anyone have a link to it please?

You need to download a program called Enigmah, get it using Easy-Xbins program.
    It just a simple program to change XBOX from PAL to NTSC or NTSC to PAL.
    HD resolutions are only available with NTSC XBOX so change it to NTSC then power off XBOX.
    Load up the MS DASH and then select 480p and 720p in video settings and thats it.

• Advertisement

You need to download a program called Enigmah, get it using Easy-Xbins program.
    It just a simple program to change XBOX from PAL to NTSC or NTSC to PAL.
    HD resolutions are only available with NTSC XBOX so change it to NTSC then power off XBOX.
    Load up the MS DASH and then select 480p and 720p in video settings and thats it.

Thanks ongarite

I found the enigmah iso but from reading around I think i need a stand alone version of Enigmah to ftp to the xbox and so make the change permanent. I can't fine that on xbins or google . Am I right in my thinking and if so Have you any suggestion as to where i may get it?

Thanks again

You will find my copy here:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/93vdcq

Works fine as standalone program. Have used it many many times.

The Muppet wrote: »
    Thanks ongarite

I found the enigmah iso but from reading around I think i need a stand alone version of Enigmah to ftp to the xbox and so make the change permanent. I can't fine that on xbins or google . Am I right in my thinking and if so Have you any suggestion as to where i may get it?

Thanks again

If I recall correctly enigmah came as an iso off xbins and I had to burn it to a cd. I think I read the same as you initially but when I ftp'ed it to the xbox (the iso) and tried to run it but nothing happed.

You will find my copy here:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/93vdcq

Works fine as standalone program. Have used it many many times.

Where did you find this version ongarite? All I ever could find was an iso!

Can't remember at this stage, maybe from a torrent a yr ago..

Thanks Ongarite, that did the job. it's appreciated.

Advertisement