Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bareback

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭speaktofrank

For those of you who think the odd bareback session with someone you trust and think might be ok.......makes you think. A half an hour of pleasure and then.....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055209822

Also those for you who said it's the girls job to sort contraception...cop yourselves on. What age are you?

ztoical wrote: »
    well they've been proven an effect tool againist the speard of HIV and or STD's in the developing world

They old ones were less effective than male condoms. I have heard people describe them as feeling like a plastic bag. The new ones are made of latex so may have improved on both counts. I don't know.
    The manufacturers probably palm their product of on devolping nations, because don't sell well here.
    Or perhaps because of cultural reasons (fire and damnation) a man feels more comfortable letting a woman take respsonibilty for contraception.
    Or it is easier to educate women on the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Moonbaby wrote: »
    They old one were less effective than male condoms.
    The manufacturers probably palm their product of on devolping nations, because don't sell well here.
    Or perhaps because of cultural reasons (fire and damnation) a man feels more comfortable letting a woman take respsonibilty for contraception.
    Or it is easier to educate women on the issue.

well actually it was because of the high difference in cost between female and male condoms that people feel they didn't do well in first world countries.

In developing countries there was no taboo or stupid Newspaper headlines such as "Is that an amoeba between your legs?" to put people off. Most of them just saw it as condom and were happy to use it. Its actually considered a sex toy in Sri Lanka.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

eh no, a lot of the femidoms in the 3rd world are washible and res usible and also women don't have to talk a man into wearing one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_condom

And tbh they are as awkward to put in and they are not as effective as male condoms.

Sure in 3rd world countries esp catholic ones where men just will not wear condoms they have had an impact.

For those of you who think the odd bareback session with someone you trust and think might be ok.......makes you think. A half an hour of pleasure and then.....

Also those for you who said it's the girls job to sort contraception...cop yourselves on. What age are you?

And for any girl who said its a guys job to sort out contraception.. cop yourselves on. What age are you?

Sarcasm aside, this swings both ways. Girls should be taught how to put a condom on a guy, they should also not expect guys to have them either.

But I do agree, condoms should be made more available. In America they give them out to highschool students! And they should make them even more easier to get in pubs. That whole "4 single euro" thing is stupid. Colleges do give them out for free, yes, but only a few. They should be readily available to whoever needs them.

This is going to sound like a weird question, but would a female doctor be more likely not to charge when someone asks for the morning after pill?
    Sure in 3rd world countries esp catholic ones where men just will not wear condoms they have had an impact.

Doesn't a lot of that stem from Religion though? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it only in recent year the pope acknowledged contraceptives (condoms) officially.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

That's mad. I would like to know the full story though - are they users? Was she a user? Is she from Africa? Etc.

You might think the above means nothing, but most people would not have unprotected sex with an ex-junkie, etc.

EDIT: Most people who get HIV in Ireland are not Irish non-heroin using, heterosexuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

I knew one girl who was 23 and her boyfriend was about 28. Both believed (especially the guy) that 'if he pulls out on time you dont get pregnant'. Now thats bad enough but even more shocking this girl had 2 kids (different fathers), had already had one miscarraige, one abortion and was 6 months pregnant at the time!! WTF??
    I did ask her once why she never took the pill - her answer was 'it made me feel sick'. Right so the pill made her feel sick and he 'didnt like to wear condoms'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

^^ha ha thats mental...what year is it????

Thaedydal wrote: »
    eh no, a lot of the femidoms in the 3rd world are washible and res usible and also women don't have to talk a man into wearing one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_condom

And tbh they are as awkward to put in and they are not as effective as male condoms.

I only brought up female condoms to highlight the fact that most people in this country aren't aware of other methods of birth control other then condoms and the pill and alot of girls seem to not be aware there are several different types of pill if one doesn't work for them [ie making them feel sick]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

I thought bareback was a gay term?! Like that bareback mountain. Anyhow on this whole issue of protection / condoms the wimmins have the powah.

Anne: Where's the condom?
    Barry: I don't like wearing condoms.
    Anne: I don't like Gonorrhea.
    Barry: Aww baby im so horny for you.
    Anne: Get a condom or get lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Have to admit, I've never heard of anyone other than a prostitute using condoms for oral before...

Would be very curious to hear the medical reason for higher rates of transmission of HIV to uncircumcised men if anyone's aware of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Being drunk is not an excuse. People are idiots.

Although an ex of mine had unprotected sex with a guy when sober and my estimation of her fell through the floor when I found out. There's no excuse for an intelligent (or at least I thought) well educated woman not to have condoms to hand and if there's none to hand then abstaining from penetrative sex. It just doesn't make sense. Maybe I am better off without her if she's too stupid to realise the risks! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

tbh i hate wearin them, but i have never had a one night stand (i dont think) but i do carry them in my wallet, i just dont use them. i only sleep with girls that i know or have been meeting and im usually drunk, so if she says shes on the pill then usually thats good enough for me! but as i said, i only really sleep with partners or people i know. probably childish but i just hate them.

Jackz wrote: »
    I thought bareback was a gay term?! Like that bareback mountain.

I was wondering when someone was going to bring this up - yes it started as a gay term but the term's usage has crossed-over to mainstream slang to describe any type of penetrative sexual act without the use of a condom [cheers wikipedia]
    Anyhow on this whole issue of protection / condoms the wimmins have the powah.

Takes two to tango - one person should not be more libel then the other to provide protection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Being drunk is not an excuse. People are idiots.

Although an ex of mine had unprotected sex with a guy when sober and my estimation of her fell through the floor when I found out. There's no excuse for an intelligent (or at least I thought) well educated woman not to have condoms to hand and if there's none to hand then abstaining from penetrative sex. It just doesn't make sense. Maybe I am better off without her if she's too stupid to realise the risks! :D

I disagree. Having sex with a condom is unnatural. You are not supposed to have sex that way. So these people are not idiots, they just don't have very strong will power.

To lose respect for someone because they had unprotected sex is a bit ****ed up in my opinion.

EDIT: Before the weirdos misquote me, I am not saying don't use condoms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I thought bareback was a gay term?! Like that bareback mountain. Anyhow on this whole issue of protection / condoms the wimmins have the powah.

Brokeback mountain.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    probably childish but i just hate them.

:rolleyes:

Terry wrote: »
    Brokeback mountain.

I wonder why they called it brokeback.. two gay cowboys, one of 'em had to be the horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

thought his back eventually broke from being the taker

I wonder why they called it brokeback.. two gay cowboys, one of 'em had to be the horse.

Not wanting to get this off topic but the film was based on a book so the title came from that and Annie Proulx who wrote the book stated:

Brokeback is not a real place. There is, on a map I once saw, a Break Back Mountain in Wyoming which I have never seen, but the name worked and replaced half a dozen more pedestrian names I had been trying out.

• Advertisement

Not wanting to get this off topic but the film was based on a book so the title came from that and Annie Proulx who wrote the book stated:

Brokeback is not a real place. There is, on a map I once saw, a Break Back Mountain in Wyoming which I have never seen, but the name worked and replaced half a dozen more pedestrian names I had been trying out.

I know, it was a joke. Not a very good one, admittedly

Can some of the guys on here clarify why they don't like wearing condoms...don't just quote the usual answers, why do you, from your own expirences, not like wearing them?

As a girl I honestly can't say I notice a difference and seeing as I had a boyfriend get off through his pants using only my foot the whole "it lessens the feeling" line I just don't buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Maybe he had a foot fetish.

Can some of the guys on here clarify why they don't like wearing condoms...don't just quote the usual answers, why do you, from your own expirences, not like wearing them?

As a girl I honestly can't say I notice a difference and seeing as I had a boyfriend get off through his pants using only my foot the whole "it lessens the feeling" line I just don't buy.

But thats the thing. They really do lessen the feeling.

I mean how exactly do you know 100% it doesn't?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

It definitely doesn't feel the same when using one, even my girlfriend thinks so. My girlfriend just uses the pill. A couple of doctors have said this is common practice in long term relationships and they have never heard of anyone getting pregnant just using the pill (correctly). Even women who have stopped using the pill and are trying for a child could take a couple of months to get pregnant (now i know this is'nt the pill alone)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Woah there ... don't tar us all with the same brush there love. I can be a stallion when the mood suits. And, as a girl, why would you notice a difference? All you've done is swapped skin for latex. It's not the same for us -- next time you're wearing a pair of wellys, tickle your feet and see if you notice a difference ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

It does feel totally different with a johnnie on, some condoms are good for not losing sensation but they tend to be so thin they rip really easily.

Put your finger in some warm apple pie with a rubber glove on then try without. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 wibblewobble

Rant on

Peoples ignorance in this country is just as bad as that of the African Sub Saharan peoples.

A combination of years of church preaching on having families and a series of governments too busy taking digouts to teach people.

All we get are stupid outdated ads on TV for crisis pregnancy lines.

Jeez yeah pregnancy is scary!!!, how will you ever survive on child allowance, rent allowance, dole, car allowance, clothes allowance and holiday allowance, butter stamps, milk stamps, SVP.

Its time this country came out of the dark ages and just accepted that unplanned pregnancy isnt a big deal.

Yes people will get STDS, but that is all part of growing up. This country needs more genito urinary clinics, not some back street only open 9-5 weekdays clinics that scare the crap out of you.

Anyone who has ever lived in Sweden and Denmark will know the pleasure of dating a girl who will say ok lets toddle off to the clinic before we do the knee trembler. And thats generally after about 2 dates.

God help me this kind of ignorance and backwardness is why Ireland is seen as a Catholic baby factory.

Rant off

pclancy wrote: »
    It does feel totally different with a johnnie on, some condoms are good for not losing sensation but they tend to be so thin they rip really easily.

Put your finger in some warm apple pie with a rubber glove on then try without. :D

Exactly. The Durex Featherlite are good, but it seems anytime I use them, they don't fit me fully, and am always paranoid about them slipping off.

My girlfriend is on the pill. We tend not to use condoms. She tells me whenever she misses one and then we use condoms, however both agree that it feels so much better without.

• Advertisement

irishguy wrote: »
    My girlfriend just uses the pill. A couple of doctors have said this is common practice in long term relationships and they have never heard of anyone getting pregnant just using the pill (correctly).

As long as they were clear "they'd never heard of anyone getting pregnant" and not "no ones ever got pregnant while on the pill" I understand what your saying but just want to be clear as theres already enough confusion out there. No method of contraception is 100% [cept abstinence of course thou I gather from this thread that ain't a popular choice]

Also cheers for all the replies boys - sorry if I ofended with the whole why don't like condoms questions....just happy no one replied with "cus they are too hard to put on"

Advertisement