Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA PPV buyrates

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I vehemently disagree. It's more exciting. They just need to make the big fights happen. And they are doing a better job of that now.

Boxers tend to stand off alot more and try and pick off their opponents rather than go for the massive out and out flurry which which for me is less exciting. Also, seeing as you clearly know more about boxing than me, what is their at heavyweight level now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Bubs101 wrote: »

Boxers tend to stand off alot more and try and pick off their opponents rather than go for the massive out and out flurry which which for me is less exciting. Also, seeing as you clearly know more about boxing than me, what is their at heavyweight level now

I don't know that much about boxing other than the big fights which I see on tv. I take your point that there's no Mike Tyson heavyweight right now. They are hard to come by.

But in 2007 there were some awesome fights. Pavlick and Taylor, Calzaghe and Kessler, Rafael Marquez versus Israel Vazquez II, Edison Miranda versus Kelly Pavlik and Miguel Cotto versus Shane Mosley too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

But in 2007 there were some awesome fights. Pavlick and Taylor, Calzaghe and Kessler, Rafael Marquez versus Israel Vazquez II, Edison Miranda versus Kelly Pavlik and Miguel Cotto versus Shane Mosley too.

Just as in 2007 there were some great TNA PPVs but they didn't draw which from the looks of the names there, I can't see those fights having drawn much in the States either, with the exception of Mosley. Americans tend to want to see Americans so I can't see many of those fights being big sellers in the U.S. (cue egg in the face as I can't see the list)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Americans tend to want to see Americans so I can't see many of those fights being big sellers in the U.S. (cue egg in the face as I can't see the list)

Some of those fights weren't main events. Just great fights.

Generally, ethnicity is a big word in boxing. There are alot of ethnic draws like De la Hoya, Pacman, Barrerra even Ricky Hatton.

Advertisement