Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

goals/minutes on pitch stats

• 31-12-2007 12:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭

Thought these were interesting.

1.Ronaldo scores every 103 minutes on pitch = 18
    2.Torres scores every 105 minutes on pitch = 15
    3.Eduardo scores every 116 minutes on pitch = 9
    4.Keane scores every 130 minutes on pitch = 14
    5.Drogba scores every 137 minutes on pitch = 9
    6.Van Persie scores every 145 minutes on pitch = 7
    7.Yakubu scores every 150 minutes on pitch = 11
    8.Santa Cruz scores every 155 minutes on pitch = 13
    9.Anelka scores every 158 minutes on pitch = 10
    10.Adebayor scores every 161 minutes on pitch = 11
    11.Gerrard = once every 168 min = 12 goals
    11.Fabregas scores every 168 minutes on pitch = 11
    12.Lampard scores every 208 minutes on pitch = 9

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

More interesting is the fact that Ronaldo has only scored 4 goals against Arsenal and Liverpool and never against Chelsea. World class indeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Certainly does, looks like Arsenal have a decent bit of firepower, imagine how much better they will be once they have VP back to full fitness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Ronaldo is quality. World class-Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    More interesting is the fact that Ronaldo has only scored 4 goals against Arsenal and Liverpool and never against Chelsea. World class indeed

...what ?

anyway -

Arsenal - 4 players
    Chelsea & Liverpool - 2 players
    Utd - 1

Interesting that Gerrard & Fabregas have exactly the same amount of goals/minutes ratios.

Not entirely sure what your point is there, is it just that Ronaldo is no good because he has never scored against Chelsea ?

What's your logic there ? And for that matter how did you extract that information from the OP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Tusky wrote: »
    4.Keane scores every 130 minutes on pitch = 14

Seeing as he played a min of 80% for most qualifiers he should by that average knocked in 9 odd goals in our recent qualifiers (alright point taken, Keane is often notching them up against the likes of Fulham and Derby rather than the best 11 of what ever country we face, but still)

Derby and Fulham are better than most 11s of the countries we face in qualifying campaigns.

Yes but we are not much better than either of those teams either.

we should be.

Given-one of the top goalies in the PL
    Finnan-one of the top right backs in the game
    Dunne-best defender in a high flying city side
    Ireland-doing super at City
    Duff-Super talented if can stay injury free
    Keane-one of the top strikers in the PL
    Hunt-features in DesF's team of the season
    Doyle-Same as above!

;)

Not entirely sure what your point is there, is it just that Ronaldo is no good because he has never scored against Chelsea ?

What's your logic there ? And for that matter how did you extract that information from the OP.

Hmmm, I didn't extract it from the OP. How could I have? Try soccerbase.com. And my point is Ronaldo scores goals against sub standard opposition and never in the games that win titles. Pretty obvious from my post I would have thought

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea double and sometimes triple mark Ronaldo, and yet he has still scored 4 times and how many assists? Leixlip Red, the fact is nobody is marked tighter than Ronaldo in big games because nobody demands as much fear as he does. He scores goals against lesser teams because they dont have the quality to contain him.

ALL 3 player of the year awards in England + 3rd in FIFA World Player of the Year = World Class indeed.

dont buy into the whole, double/treble marking thing. fact is he is just playing better players so struggles more. But i agree, he is world class.

And LeixlipRed its a bit stupid to be slating him for not scoring in games that win you the league?! he has won the league! and was the PL player of the year, deservingly so, the same season. I'm all for slating Utd. But lets not get stupid.

Ronaldo has one assist in the PL this year. Wow. And Im sure the top sides triple mark him alright. Leaving two other players completely free?? Any game I;ve ever seen Ronaldo play in against top class opposition he's never hit the highs he has against the rubbish sides

Does he really only have 1 assist? that cant be right

Yeah that cant be right. I would be shocked.

But LeixlipRed keep saying Ronaldo isnt world class, nobody will belive you :D

one against Arsenal off the top of my head. that his only one?

doubt it

Just checked on fantasy football and it is... wow, i guess hes just shooting more then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Mr Alan wrote: »
    one against Arsenal off the top of my head. that his only one?

doubt it
    I think it actually is true. The Prem fantasy footy site has him down for one anyway (vs Derby) Fabregas 10, Petrov 8, and Gerrard 7 are the highest ranked midfielders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

That's a bit strange he's only gotten 1 assist, he was getting loads last season.

didnt he get one against Arsenal too?

• Advertisement

Yep, one assist. I'm not saying he hasn't the potential to be world class. Obviously he's a very gifted player. But in the top matches against the top sides he's not there yet. We're told everyday by the press he's world class. Make your own mind up is all I'm saying. He's far from the finished article Jamie Redknapp and the goon squad think he is

Well i suppose he cant be top goalscorer in the league and have a bundle of assists aswell.

I certainly expected more than 1 assist though.

ah hear now in fairness, dont be accusing me of following the goon squad.

maybe we are just differing over our meaning of world class....who in the PL would you class as world class?

1 assist is poor in fairness Mikey

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Well i suppose he cant be top goalscorer in the league and have a bundle of assists aswell.

I certainly expected more than 1 assist though.

Do you not think it shows the still selfish nature of his play? I don't think he has the ability of a Fabregas like player to create goals either. Obviously scoring a **** load of goals helps balance it off

ah hear now in fairness, dont be accusing me of following the goon squad.

maybe we are just differing over our meaning of world class....who in the PL would you class as world class?

Don't watch a huge amount of PL football (EL fan) but Fabregas obviously. Rooney is a more complete player too. Tevez, Carvalho and probably a few more I;ve totally forgotten about.

His attitude stinks sometimes in fairness. Lack of willingness to track back and do the donkey work. You need that 100% effort to be world class in my estimation. Only my opinion of course

Do you not think it shows the still selfish nature of his play? I don't think he has the ability of a Fabregas like player to create goals either. Obviously scoring a **** load of goals helps balance it off

He's clearly a different player to Fabregas, he has to be more selfish or he wouldn't be as good. If Fabregas didn't have selfish players to pass the ball to then he wouldn't have so many assists.

He's clearly a different player to Fabregas, he has to be more selfish or he wouldn't be as good. If Fabregas didn't have selfish players to pass the ball to then he wouldn't have so many assists.

Ah of course. Totally different players. But was Fabregas was the only midfielder at a top side worth comparing with him. Could have used Harry Kewell maybe :D

Don't watch a huge amount of PL football (EL fan) but Fabregas obviously. Rooney is a more complete player too. Tevez, Carvalho and probably a few more I;ve totally forgotten about.

His attitude stinks sometimes in fairness. Lack of willingness to track back and do the donkey work. You need that 100% effort to be world class in my estimation. Only my opinion of course

I'd rate Ronaldo as more World class than Tevez and Rooney tbh. Tevez scored wat, 9 goals last year? and hasnt overly impressed at Utd so far imo.

Rooney, i would class as having the potential to be world class-and is,at times,world class, but for me the consistency isnt there, i dont think he has delivered as much as a lot of people have expected him to do. But there is still time for him to do that.

I agree Ronaldos attitude stinks at times, but the same could have been said/and can be said for the likes of Zidane,Eto'o,(fat)Ronaldo,Gerrard,Ronaldinho etc etc, but most people would be in agreeance that these are/were world class.

Ronaldo is not there to do donkey work, in the same way as Eto'o,Henry,Ronaldinho arent there for that purpose.

I agree (more than most) that Ronaldo is annoying as hell, and as a person, its very easy to dislike him, but his form the last couple of years really has been outstanding.

Why am i stickin up for this little clown?!?!?! :confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I laugh when people look at his scoring record and use the lame arguement that he doesn't score regularly against the 'big 4'. I think he's scored twice in 4 different matches this season, including Blackburn and Everton. Yeah, real cannon fodder.

1 assist this season? Who gives a ****, he has 13 goals.

Of course a lot of people don't like him, but you cannot argue with his scoring record.

would if i could :(

Not to turn this into yet another Ronaldo debate (ok I'm not helping at all in that regard, maybe there should just be a Ronaldo thread?), but I don't think you can say that Ronaldo's attitude 'stinks' in the same way as Ronaldinho's, or (fat)Ronaldo's, or Eto'o's. OK, you can certainly criticise his diving and maybe even dislike his apparent arrogance - I for one, although I'd differ from most in getting the impression that Ronaldo seems actually quite a nice guy, would concede those points - but his attitude to football in general must surely be admired.

He clearly puts a lot of work into his game, tries as hard as he can to win and as far as I can tell tries as hard as he can all the time. Sure, he doesn't track back that much but he's not supposed to. Even his diving and his arrogance, you could argue, are all connected to a desire to do his best for his team. And more than that, Ronaldo is a player who is fouled, abused and derided more than most but who, despite all that, picks himself up time and again and just keeps on playing his own football, without becoming a dirty player in the slightest. Remember when Michael Ball stamped on him in the Manchester derby last season? Instead of reacting against Ball, he played on, outplayed him, and eventually won a penalty from Ball. Which he scored, winning the game 1-0. Whatever about Ronaldo 'annoying' people, I don't think you can accuse him of having a bad attitude when it comes to football. I'd say the same of Gerrard, who annoys me much more than Ronaldo (no doubt due to club loyalties), but whose attitude on the pitch I can admire as much as Ronaldo's.

So, yeah, get more assists Ronaldo, you waster!

Sure, he doesn't track back that much but he's not supposed to

Have you ever played football? I play right full and when a winger doesn't track back it leaves you totally exposed at the back. Every winger has to track back

Look, this is my last post in defense of that portugeese clown. BUT, he didnt track back last year too and Utd won the league and got to the semi final of the CL (their manager doesnt have the tactical genius needed to get to more than 1 European final a decade! ;)), so they/and him are obviously doing something right.

case closed.ronaldo is ****.Utd are ****. Liverpool are great. Kewell is great. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Hmmm, I didn't extract it from the OP. How could I have? Try soccerbase.com. And my point is Ronaldo scores goals against sub standard opposition and never in the games that win titles. Pretty obvious from my post I would have thought

bull****

winning against the weak teams is what wins titles, so if he scored a hattrick everytime we played liverpoo,chelsea and arsenal he would be world class, regardless of how he plays against the rest? great logic

• Advertisement

Obviously you didnt hear Kryogen, the case has been closed ;)

ha sorry, just saw this thread now, was annoyed by the guy having a serious personal problem with the guy and letting that cloud his common sense from telling his brain that he can play a bit of ball. ludicrous statement to make, not world class cause he never scored v chelsea.....

sure even Pennant has scored against Chelsea?! how would that make him world class?!

my point exaclty! what makes chelsea the yard stick for whether a premiership player is world class or not :confused: lol joke tbh :)

That was Pennants only goal though :(

*at least he has some assists though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Ronaldo is quality. World class-Yes.

I dont no. Was it not decided on the world classs thread that there is no such thing and if there was the requirements would be so stringeent that god (if he was any good at football) would'nt qualify? Think you have to be from Brazil , Argentina and Andorra and have won a world cup with each as well as the top league in every league in the world, twice. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

as a liverpool fan,i rate ronaldo at the moment as one of the best players in the world if not the best,imo messi and kaka are doing it in easier leagues.if you look at that messi wondergoal,there is not a chance he would have done that in the premier league!
    in fairness,if kaka played in the premier league i would say he would be as good but while he plays in italy i think ronaldo should be rated as highly.messi i dont think would adapt to the premier league(i could be wrong!)the only thing is that maybe ronaldo should put on more performances when its big time,like cl etc,we havent seen him do that much but i have no doubt he will.my top 3 in the world for the title just gone

imo the italian league and spanish league are easier for flair players like these to shine and put huge performances in,the premier league is much harder

1-kaka(is 1 becuase he puts on big performances when it matters cl,ronaldo for me hasnt done it.)
    2-ronaldo
    3-messi

although i would glady have any of the 3 at the pool

How did this turn into a Ronaldo debate ? Hes a winger and hes top scorer in the league, outscoring some of the best strikers in the world...AND HES A WINGER. Who cares if he only has 1 assist if hes banging in 17 goals before the new year. The fact that he rarely scores against bigger teams shouldnt bother utd fans, its much more difficult for a winger to play their game against better defenses. How many wingers can you think of that regularly score against the better teams ?

And shut up with the world class debate..! Thought that was done & dusted. Everyone has different definitions of the word and very few people actually watch enough world football to make those claims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I don't know how they count the assists, but he set up Tevez against Derby via the free kick + the Arsenal assist.

Have you ever played football? I play right full and when a winger doesn't track back it leaves you totally exposed at the back. Every winger has to track back

In a standard 4-4-2 maybe, but Ronaldo doesn't really play that wide all the time, and Rooney and Tevez constantly track back. If Ronaldo did too, there would be no one up front to receive the ball. Plus, I have not noticed United becoming exposed at all on the right side of defence, even though Brown is undoubtedly the weak link in our defence. Ferguson has obviously sorted out tactics to deal with this problem without Ronaldo having to track back. In any case, I very much doubt SAF would stand for Ronaldo not tracking back if he was told to.

But on another issue, I wonder who gets most of United's assists if Ronaldo hardly gets any?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Shamrok wrote: »
    I think it actually is true. The Prem fantasy footy site has him down for one anyway (vs Derby) Fabregas 10, Petrov 8, and Gerrard 7 are the highest ranked midfielders.

you can add young to that with 9

fpl has him down as a forward but hes a midfielder as everyone knows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Tusky wrote: »
    How did this turn into a Ronaldo debate ? Hes a winger and hes top scorer in the league, outscoring some of the best strikers in the world...AND HES A WINGER. Who cares if he only has 1 assist if hes banging in 17 goals before the new year. The fact that he rarely scores against bigger teams shouldnt bother utd fans, its much more difficult for a winger to play their game against better defenses. How many wingers can you think of that regularly score against the better teams ?

I wouldn't really class him as a winger really as he only has offensive duties(and does these very, very well!) but really doesn't contribute anything else towards the team as the vast majority of wingers do. So I'd say it's only right to class him as a forward

playa3 wrote: »
    I wouldn't really class him as a winger really as he only has offensive duties(and does these very, very well!) but really doesn't contribute anything else towards the team as the vast majority of wingers do. So I'd say it's only right to class him as a forward

He plays on the right or left wing. Hes a winger that doesn't defend. Still a winger.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I like how Gerrard and Fabregas have the same stats yet people have been saying Gerrard has been ****e this season and Fabregas has been amazing.

Melion wrote: »
    I like how Gerrard and Fabregas have the same stats yet people have been saying Gerrard has been ****e this season and Fabregas has been amazing.

Yeah, noticed that as well. In fairness, Liverpool fans haven't been saying Gerrard has been ****. Hes having a great season. They are both on 11 assists as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement