Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need to find apartment, what's the going rate now?

Options
  • 31-12-2007 1:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

I'm desperate to find a new flat/apartment for the first week of January, cause i kinda have to move out of my current place..
    So, I wanna live around Tallaght/D12 area, or anywhere kinda in between.. But, it seems like the prices have risen dramatically since i last rented 2 years ago.. I had a one bedroom flat then in Kimmage for 750/month..

I can afford 900 euro per month. I'm just wondering does anyone know what the going rate is now for a 1 bed apartment/flat??

I've been looking on Daft, and there's no new flats lately, is there any other good property sites??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

There's not much outside Daft. But try loadza.com and the evening herald (probably still older landlords who advertise through papyrus).

There should be something for your budget - but I think there will be better value in renting over the coming months due to the glut of properties available. Obviously if you're in a rush then that's of no use to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭peteburnshndbag

bugler wrote: »
    There's not much outside Daft. But try loadza.com and the evening herald (probably still older landlords who advertise through papyrus).

There should be something for your budget - but I think there will be better value in renting over the coming months due to the glut of properties available. Obviously if you're in a rush then that's of no use to you.

Thanks for replying. Is papyrus a website?? Is 900 euro a month enough to get a standard 1 bed apartment in these areas??
    It really just isnt fair the prices us renters are forced to pay.. There's no way a 1bed flat is worth 900p/m. And you can only get rent allowance for a single person if the flat is less than 600p/m; that's just ridicolous, cause hardly anything is less than 600p/m, unless your willing to live in a grubby bedsit the size of a box room. No way, I would be so depressed living in 1 ROOM..

The government should have doing something about this in the budget. There should be a limit to what landlord's can charge, cause they're basically charging what they like and ripping people off, and we have no choice as we're desperate to find a new home, before we're left homeless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Take a look at daftwatch, which tracks properties for sale and rent around the country as advertised on Daft. The number of places for rent has spiked upwards in the last few months, and notably the traditional drop for the christmas period is much less than last year.

This is because many people who could not sell their overpriced homes have been putting them up for rent instead, to try to cover the mortgage, which will lead to a drop in rental prices (oversupply of rental properties), if prices haven't already started falling. I'd look for a place outside the city centre but on a regular bus route in the meantime, if I was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Is papyrus a website??
    Papyrus = paper = newspaper.

No one is renting apartments just at the moment (its Christmas!), wait till later in the week or next Monday week.

Advertisement