Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford to Dublin Airport

• 31-12-2007 2:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Driving myself and some friends up to Dublin airport early one morning in January - was wondering if I should take the N9 or go up the N11 instead.

Only driven to Dublin once before and went up the N9. Left Waterford at around 6am and ended up getting stuck in the morning traffic (M50?). Had to go to Ballsbridge, but I got lost and ended up in the city centre! When I finally got to Ballsbridge I had missed the thing I went up there for (never found the place either), so I ended up driving home down the N11. Seemed like a better road altogether.

Opinions, anyone?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sister takes the coast road to Dublin, claims its better.

Perhaps investing in a Sat Nav might help you get there quicker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

The rule I usually use is North Dublin use N9, South Dublin use N11. It depends on when you are going though (time of day). If very early, N9 is defo the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Roanmore wrote: »
    The rule I usually use is North Dublin use N9, South Dublin use N11. It depends on when you are going though (time of day). If very early, N9 is defo the best.

Yep this is what I do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

There is a new slip just after Rathcoole which will bring you lo Liffey Valley, Lucan and then onto the M50. You can bypass the chaos at the Rad Cow by going this way.:)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Freddie59 wrote: »
    There is a new slip just after Rathcoole which will bring you lo Liffey Valley, Lucan and then onto the M50. You can bypass the chaos at the Rad Cow by going this way.:)

The only problem with that way though Freddie, is the junction to get back on to the M50 is just before the toll bridge and it can be a nightmare at times to get on to the M50 from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Thanks for the replies. The flight is at 6am, so I will be leaving Waterford between 1 and 2am. Will take the N9 road.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

So you have to be there at 5AMsh.. ya id go around 2-2.30. At that time, you should fly up the road no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

theres a bus that leaves parnell street to the airport at 1.30am and 3.30am

jjkavanaghs.ie

Aquos76 wrote: »
    The only problem with that way though Freddie, is the junction to get back on to the M50 is just before the toll bridge and it can be a nightmare at times to get on to the M50 from there.

True. Forgot about the peak time thing there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

paul666 wrote: »
    theres a bus that leaves parnell street to the airport at 1.30am and 3.30am

jjkavanaghs.ie

Thanks for the info. Didn't know that they'd started leaving that early. I'll definitely consider it.

• Advertisement

Gadgie wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. Didn't know that they'd started leaving that early. I'll definitely consider it.
    plus factors of gettin the bus is- u save money on fuel its only 15 euro return. u get some kip on the bus. and its very quite on it at that time. and then theres no stress on trying to find the airport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

It's €24 return on Rapid Express.

kensutz wrote: »

That's extremely good value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

paul666 wrote: »
    ...and then theres no stress on trying to find the airport

Oh come on, it's big enough... :D

kensutz wrote: »
    oops the last time i went to the city centre a few weeks ago and i was charged 15euro return. maybe i was charged student rate or something

fricatus wrote: »
    Oh come on, it's big enough... :D

lol rooting for the change at the toll plaza stresses me out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

It's an extra €9 to get to the airport which the OP is looking to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

I always take the coast road. Did the N9 once and swore never again. Coast road is longer mile wise (or is it with the Gorey bypass?) but because everywhere is bypassed you're flying the whole way and only turn off you make is when you're actually at the airport.

Advertisement