Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

most elaborate way to die thats feasable for under 5 grand

• 31-12-2007 3:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭

Right lets say you had 5 grand and you were told you had 1 week to live , on the last day you decided to go out in style, what would you do ?

personally id go for shock value , tape a video explaining my plan , send it to rte and sky news, plant bombs in all the childrens and maternity hospitals i could get to then run into enda kennys constituency office and suicide bomb with him inside, happy in the knowledge ive killed at least 100 other children, babies, mothers and enda kenny on my way out, pure shock value

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Eric, you need help, you angry young man.

I'd just rent some cheap whores on my last day with the money. Make love, not war.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

I'd arrange to fall off a cliff into the mouth of a lion that's on fire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

id spend 4500 on drugs and sluts then kidnap pat kenny...then tandem jump out of a plane with pat kenny strapped to me...but the thing is I wouldnt pack the chute!!! Mwhahahahah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

I'd hijack an airliner with a stanley knife and fly it into a skyscraper.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

you suck?

You buy as much scratch cards as you can with 5000, then you go on Winning Streak, spin the wheel, win 250,000 and go on a 0g flight with a laptop, and be the first person ever to die in zero gravity while listening to Chocolate Rain or Never gonna give you up.... Whichever takes your fancy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Rhonda9000

agamemnon wrote: »
    Eric, you need help, you angry young man.

I'd just rent some cheap whores on my last day with the money. Make love, not war.

How about one hawt one? Hell I'll check my diary for 5000 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Here's what I'd do, and it wouldn't take 5 grand either!

Get some really sharp razor wire, make a noose out of it, and have some sort of secret hole in the ceiling where the noose would retract into once my plan is complete. Next, I'd stand on a chair, and slip the noose around my neck. Then I would superglue my hands to my head, wait for it to dry, then kick the chair away...

My head should come clean off, and to all outwards appearances, it would look like I ripped my own head off!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

not sure i understand the question but

I'd rent a helicopter & pilot
    rent some bungee gear (few hundred metres)
    fly little bit less than a few hundred metres over the spire in dublin
    see how many jumps i could do before impaling myself on the landmark

eolhc wrote: »
    not sure i understand the question but

I'd rent a helicopter & pilot
    rent some bungee gear (few hundred metres)
    fly little bit less than a few hundred metres over the spire in dublin
    see how many jumps i could do before impaling myself on the landmark

Nah, fly over a crowded area, and the bungee cord should bounce you back up into the helicopter's blades. Result: blood shower! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Coke and hookers OD obv.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Nah, fly over a crowded area, and the bungee cord should bounce you back up into the helicopter's blades. Result: blood shower! :D

mine's similiar. doesnt cost a whole lot of money either.
    get 4 long chains. as strong as possible so they can take a hard pullback.

4 sharp hooks.
    strong painkillers.

inject the painkillers.
    put the 4 hooks into your ribcage. so they go in deep.

attach the chains to the hooks.
    attach the chains to the top of a building.

make sure there is a crowd around.
    jump off.

plan it so the chains pull back about 20 feet from the ground.

the crowd wont be too happy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

My friends wants to fly to a remote wooded region in canada and be pushed from the plan so his legs both break and then have the someone video tape the wolves/bears eating him alive - he wants to wait till he has kids as he seems to think it will do them some good to be forced to watch this...shouldn't cost him more then 5 grand I should think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

Eh i know this is AH and all but ummmm.... I move for OP to be banned. We've enough unstable loons around here as it is!

A week to live and 5 grand hmmmm - ok this is relatively easy. 1 word. Amsterdam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Set myself on fire and run out onto the pitch during the next all Ireland with a sign that says "Hi Mom"

EDIT : I move for ^ to relax the cacks.

Eh i know this is AH and all but ummmm.... I move for OP to be banned. We've enough unstable loons around here as it is!.

I move for you to get a grip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Ehm, how much does a sniper rifle cost?

I'd try to take out as much of the government as possible before getting taken out in a hail of bullets from a special response unit.

edit: or maybe I'd just go for the pope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

:D hey all's im saying is suggesting bombing innocent kids, hospitals etc is all good in the hood for some but he crossed the line at Enda Kenny!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Get some really sharp razor wire, make a noose out of it, and have some sort of secret hole in the ceiling where the noose would retract into once my plan is complete. Next, I'd stand on a chair, and slip the noose around my neck. Then I would superglue my hands to my head, wait for it to dry, then kick the chair away...

My head should come clean off, and to all outwards appearances, it would look like I ripped my own head off!!! :D

OK Karl, what asian movie gave you the inspiration for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

Haha! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I'd buy the biggest vibrator I could find, Get a Powerful Generator, and

GO OUT WITH A BANG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

latenia wrote: »
    I'd hijack an airliner with a stanley knife and fly it into a skyscraper.

its been done.., twice

Quality wrote: »

GO OUT WITH A BANG

death by pelvic resonance vibration , i like it,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

GO OUT WITH A BANG

Only if we can have a video of it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Pay for a zeppelin ride, hijack it and fly into the Spire. Just have to make sure it explodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Wood-chipper on top of the GPO. Insert myself into said chipper. Shoppers on O'Connell St. get a nice red New Years display.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭-annex-

I'd invest that five grand into a one week study on "The Purpose of Leitrim". I'm sure I'd literally die laughing when the results came back.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

buy €5000 worth of explosives and blow up all the fuel tanks in the docks. that explosion would be AMAZING

andrew, thats some expensive taste man, suddenly petrol stations in the country are going to 1.89 a litre, and that one on the quays to 4.99 a litre

thought of a new one

crash a new jet (an a380 or somethign massive and shiney) into the mccanne family, for the brief second im alive and their dead, im the biggest legend ever, and nobody would have to hear about that 4 year ld i have locked in my basement anymore :D

• Advertisement

I'd buy a couple tanks of helium and see how many it takes before I start to float.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Similar in a way, but more interesting because of the public effect is this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Simi

thought of a new one

crash a new jet (an a380 or somethign massive and shiney) into the mccanne family, for the brief second im alive and their dead, im the biggest legend ever, and nobody would have to hear about that 4 year ld i have locked in my basement anymore :D

I've received an infraction for much less than that! Of course it was in the madeline mccann thread...& I was warned not to joke...& it was a lot closer to the time...

Creature wrote: »
    Wood-chipper on top of the GPO. Insert myself into said chipper. Shoppers on O'Connell St. get a nice red New Years display.

Will you do it when those anti abortionists are out there..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

Right lets say you had 5 grand and you were told you had 1 week to live , on the last day you decided to go out in style, what would you do ?

personally id go for shock value , tape a video explaining my plan , send it to rte and sky news, plant bombs in all the childrens and maternity hospitals i could get to then run into enda kennys constituency office and suicide bomb with him inside, happy in the knowledge ive killed at least 100 other children, babies, mothers and enda kenny on my way out, pure shock value

appropriate state agencies have been notified...

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,929 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Karl Hungus - U genius!!

Personally, I'd spend the 5k on some savage quality weed and a nice chinese takeaway. I think there'd be a pretty good chance I'd be the first person to die from a Marijuana OD!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Will you do it when those anti abortionists are out there..........

Oh yes, lets see how they like pushing it in our faces when I am literally on their faces :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I would run into a bar full of black people and keep shouting rasists slurs. Than I would go to a white bar and shout racist slurs or tell then that the blacks are looting. Than my work would be done.

Oh and I'd ram my own head into the ground. Leaving the 5k for someone to find after an elaborate treasure hunt.

"I wanna play a game"...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Mine is cheap enough.

A trip to Israel with a radio transmitter broadcasting on most frequencies.

Go in to a restaurant and sit in the table in the centre.

Emit signals on every frequency and wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

The guy wrote: »
    Mine is cheap enough.

A trip to Israel with a radio transmitter broadcasting on most frequencies.

Go in to a restaurant and sit in the table in the centre.

Emit signals on every frequency and wait.

Tell me more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Tell me more!

BANG!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Eh i know this is AH and all but ummmm.... I move for OP to be banned. We've enough unstable loons around here as it is!

A week to live and 5 grand hmmmm - ok this is relatively easy. 1 word. Amsterdam.
    Varkov wrote: »
    Set myself on fire and run out onto the pitch during the next all Ireland with a sign that says "Hi Mom"

EDIT : I move for ^ to relax the cacks.

To hell with that.
    He lives near me.
    I'm moving house.

On topic, has anyone got five grand?
    I feel like I'm going to die at any time now and I'd like to go out with a bang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

5 grand eh??? hmm???

i think grenades would be the answer and a fast enough bike, drive around throwing them all over dublin especially taking out those damn dublin buses and taxis, then a nice big dramatic high speed crash into a wall or the spire :P

I'd pay for some expensive growler and I'd pay Pigman to kill Daniel O'Donnell with a hammer or one of his worthless ''loved by all granies'' awards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

Pity you wouldn't be around afterwards for the ensuing hilarity!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭Wossack

suicide bomb what ever socialites show up to my bogus super sweet sixteen party

having previously put bets on with paddypower.com that the phrase 'social suicide' would be a tabloid headline next week (leave something for the folks)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭uncle-mofo

I'd get dressed in a superman costume and jump out of a plane into time square. Imagine the confusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

rent a ferrari and drive in reverse on the m50, hiring a helicopter to film the adventure.

get cops to chase me, then get the helicopter to lower itself down and grab me out of the ferrari while the cops look on in horror :D

i'd then start chasing the cops with the helicopter, getting the blades nearer to the cars, trying to slice their tyres..

i'd then try and get the helicopter through a toll bridge, inevitably crashing and causing traffic chaos.

I might even try to do the world a favour and make an assasination attempt on g w bush. I would be taken out in no time..

A grand on flights a few quid on a gun..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BigHitIII

Hmmmm..... i would get about 4800 euro in 1 cent coins and spend the rest on gun powder. I would put the gun powder in packs around me and blow myself up with bank bags of 1 cent coins strapped to me.

Oh and i would also do it on sheriff street just for the effect..... imagine the peoples joy when blood soaked 1 cent coins come raining down on their flats, it would be christmas in poverty-ville.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,927 ✭✭✭✭L1011

smemon wrote: »
    i'd then try and get the helicopter through a toll bridge, inevitably crashing and causing traffic chaos.

Better do it quick, its closing in August (apparently...)

• Advertisement
Advertisement